Hacking CycloDS can't run commercial ROMs!

lereb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have the same problem...when i am going to play a game spongebob the yellow avenger,nintendogs labrador & friends and others the ds stucks on loading cyclo screen and then nothing happens....X,Y,A,B,L and R don't work and i can't do anything!Can anyone help me?i have the 1.4v firmware!what i have to do?pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

lereb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yes i put in the .nds file....i've put 30-40 games and some of them are playable but some others stuck on loading screen!for example nintendogs labrador stuck on loading screen or spongebob the yellow avenger,too!do anyone know what to do?sorry for my english,i'm from greece and our language is a little different from english and i have to exercise a lot to speak and write well!

volcomstone00009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm....i got the nintendogs labrador and friends and it works fine. i have a 8GB Kingston MicroSD Card Class 4
biggrin.gif
works great. full speed 4 all games

DJsnypa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm back guys. 13 days later and after looking around I haven't found anyone with the same issue as me. I'm beginning to think it's not my microSD but my CycloDS itself that is defective.

I might get another microSD tomorrow but I really don't want to waste my money.

As I said, everything works perfectly except for commercial ROMs (homebrew is fine). Other people are having this problem too but a simple firmware update seems to fix it for them. I have gone through 3 different firmwares (including the latest one) to try to get it to work. Another thing I've found is that my CycloDS won't boot properly if I have a blank microSD inserted. The only way to get it to boot with a blank one is to put another firmware on the card and force it to update using the recovery mode.

The card is perfect with everything else so far even though it's a generic brand. It has a really fast transfer rate (Class 6) and I have had no problem playing videos, music, etc. on it. I was even able to use the DS emulator on my PC to play the games I had saved on it without any lag.

I just want to know if I really should bother getting a new microSD or just return my CycloDS. I am reluctant to do either and would prefer to fix it myself because I don't want to waste my money then find that it still doesn't work, but I don't want to have to stuff around with the company I bought the CycloDS from because they are based in south Sydney and I am in north Brisbane. It's OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAANNNND (divided by 9) kilometres away. And they will have to speak to the supplier, return it, check it, repair/replace it, send it back to the company, and finally send it back to me. All that won't be done until after the holidays are over, even if I send it back tomorrow.

If anyone has any suggestions that haven't already been made then please speak up because this is really pissing me off. This thing cost quite a bit of money and it won't even play games! I need something to do during for the summer holidays!

woof811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ DJsnypa

hello mate sorry to sound like a very noob question but are you unzipping the roms you downloaded ?

the roms on your memory card have to be unzipped and in .nds format .

if you have unzipped them and they are in .nds format then please ignore that ^^^ as it is the only thing i can think of that you may be doing wrong .

woof811.

D

Deleted User

Does the Cyclo have flash ram of its own? A place to store the games while you play/load them? If it does my guess would be that it's faulty and you should return it.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Cyclo does have a flash RAM but it's not used for games (not nearly enough space). And he says his microSD is fine so the Cyclo's probably defective.

frantier123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Right. Here's what I have done. I can't run any roms on my v1.53, but I downgrade to v1.51, den:

1. Downgrade to v1.51.

2. Delete the CycloDS file and any .sav file.

3. Run CycloDS and it should create a new CycloDS folder. Next, run the rom that the .sav file u delete.

4. The rom should run .... but will take a bit long ... i say 10 secs?

5. You should now be able to run other roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?