Hacking Cyclo with EZ Flash 3 in 1

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
AllThisIsNew said:
If TC fixes their firmware -- will that allow NDS_Backup to use the 3 in 1? I sent Rudolf a note about it before I saw this thread just in case.
No, the NDS backup tool is Rudolph's program. A CycloDS firmware update won't make it work.

AllThisIsNew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unz said:
AllThisIsNew said:
If TC fixes their firmware -- will that allow NDS_Backup to use the 3 in 1? I sent Rudolf a note about it before I saw this thread just in case.
No, the NDS backup tool is Rudolph's program. A CycloDS firmware update won't make it work.

Ok -- so I just ordered a unit from OZModChips.com in case Rudolph doesn't respond. They assured me via e-mail that they have the old style carts -- 1.5 months old. I guess I'll know by the time it comes in if that was the thing to do
wink2.gif

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You made the right choice. I buy all my flashcards from OzModChips. While some items there are a bit pricey, I've never had a single problem with anything I've bought from them. From what I've seen on this forum and others, their customer support is excellent too.

damnesiac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also got my 3in1+ from DX and it doesn't work with my AK2 or Cyclo. I'd say it's just a matter of time before TC and Rudolph update their software to be compatible with the new 3in1+ because it seems like lots of people are getting these and these will be the only ones available from now on out.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I posted some hardware info on identifying what 3in1 you got reguardless of else you got. it also has links to what you can use for running gba games. Depending on where and when you got it will determine if any or all issues are related for some people.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130659

D

Deleted User

Anybody got an inside scoop as to whether this problem is near to being fixed? I just bought one for a friend and it's definitely one of the new ones. (I checked inside and also it has a little holosticker saying WY 2009.)

AllThisIsNew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

davrizio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
I posted some hardware info on identifying what 3in1 you got reguardless of else you got. it also has links to what you can use for running gba games. Depending on where and when you got it will determine if any or all issues are related for some people.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130659

Nice writeup! Thanks for the info.

I noticed on the EZ Flash writeup

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/3_i...h_V#Third-Party

There was a workaround to get the rumble working:

"Due to the recent 3 in 1 expansion pack hardware revision, automatic rumble enabling for slot-1 carts, like EDGE and CycloDS, is broken. This is one workaround:
Patch one of the games with Standalone 3in1 rumble patcher, for example Metroid Prime Pinball (preferable US version)
Load the patched game once
Trigger soft-reset
Load a different game"

So I gave this a shot and the EZ Flash now will rumble when the game loads but I can't get it to rumble during game play.

Anyone else have luck with this?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
the top one and the bottom one are the same. most japanese programers like to put down what it supports at the end of a file. The .4 version supports more than just the 3in1, it also supports the EZ4 carts and such, so he generalized it by calling it slot2 instead of using 3in1.

it is a programmer's rational not a user.

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having this problem besides me?> Few others have sent me PM's having the same problem.

Using the new 3 in 1 plus, with an EDGE card.... since both are similar...... so I am using GBA exploder 5.8B when you load up a rom in NOR mode and after it loads you hit X to run it. The game never gets pasted the Game boy white screen and the normal nintendo logo at the bottom is not there. In order for your game to run you have to either reset or shut off your DS and come back to quick load from your slot 1 card (passme) or you can go back into gba exploder and go back into nor mode and hit run and the game will run perfect everytime until you erase it from NOR. When you load up a different ROM in NOR the whole process starts again, so you can never load your game up the first time, you always have to reset or shut down in order for it to play your rom.

I think it's a bug in GBA Exploder cause I have had 2 people tell me theres do the same thing.

So if someone can test there 3 in 1 plus and let me know the outcome I would greatly appreciate it.... this is my 2nd cart, my first one was defective, came with a dead battery and I bought a battery with tabs on them and it ended up going through 3 batteries and found there was a short on the board so I am in the process of a warrenty. Got sent a new 3 in 1plus with the new ram and now I am in the boat I thought I was out of frown.gif

Would greatly appreciate the feedback and who do I send a message to about sending bug reports for GBA exploder.... I hope to god this gets fixed soon cause I hate having to reset my game in order to play it in NOR.

PSRAM works perfectly everytime no problems at all.

davrizio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoLuckys said:
i got ez flash 3 in 1 and it works fine with my acekard 2 v2.1 and my cyclo ds v1.53

It is the 3in1+ that is giving people, including me, issues... I think the standard 3in1 works fine from what I have read.

Shakedaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BINGO! I was just discovering that my ez flash v wasn't working with my cyclo, and then I saw this post, what luck! I just tried Shining Soul II and it worked fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto