Hacking Cyclo DS v. SCDS1 SDHC

cutterjohn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I never really appreciated what a good cart the Evolution is until I got and have been using my SCDS1 SDHC today.

The Evolution is WAY faster, better auto-patching, and directly supports 3in1 as RAM/rumble, while the SCDS1 I've got to use Rudolph's Tool to enable RAM/rumble with the SCDS1. The SCDS1 uses an oldish(v1.4) modified version of moonshell for it's shell. It's got all the features plus extra of the Evolution(RTS & multi-save slots & realtime guide), but I still prefer the Evolution from the little that I've used both cards so far. The speed of the Evolution is just so much better... I just never really appreciated how good the Evolution really was until I had another real flash cart to compare it with.

TC need to get their shit together on reducing defective cards shipped though...

(Gotta get me a TTDS from dealextreme to try as well, since they're so damned cheap...)

Cactuar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Evolution has been my first cart so far, but I really like it. I use it everyday and have had no problems at all with it. I'm just glad I didn't get a DOA.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You know, I never really appreciated what a good cart the Evolution is until I got and have been using my SCDS1 SDHC today.

The Evolution is WAY faster, better auto-patching, and directly supports 3in1 as RAM/rumble, while the SCDS1 I've got to use Rudolph's Tool to enable RAM/rumble with the SCDS1. The SCDS1 uses an oldish(v1.4) modified version of moonshell for it's shell. It's got all the features plus extra of the Evolution(RTS & multi-save slots & realtime guide), but I still prefer the Evolution from the little that I've used both cards so far. The speed of the Evolution is just so much better... I just never really appreciated how good the Evolution really was until I had another real flash cart to compare it with.

TC need to get their shit together on reducing defective cards shipped though...

(Gotta get me a TTDS from dealextreme to try as well, since they're so damned cheap...)

If your talking about the startup time on a rom, turn off the malware (bricker virus) checker.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country

The Evolution is WAY faster, better auto-patching, and directly supports 3in1 as RAM/rumble, while the SCDS1 I've got to use Rudolph's Tool to enable RAM/rumble with the SCDS1. The SCDS1 uses an oldish(v1.4) modified version of moonshell for it's shell. It's got all the features plus extra of the Evolution(RTS & multi-save slots & realtime guide), but I still prefer the Evolution from the little that I've used both cards so far. The speed of the Evolution is just so much better... I just never really appreciated how good the Evolution really was until I had another real flash cart to compare it with.

If your talking about the startup time on a rom, turn off the malware (bricker virus) checker.

On the SCDS1?!
I'm going to try this out right now!

cutterjohn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually there's an even newer version than that out, v1.9d which is the version that I've been using for a few weeks nows.

I HAD been using 1.9c earlier, but it never showed the RAM/Rumble options page on either my GnM or the Evolution. It only allowed me to go to the PSRAM load/backup saves screen or the NOR Flash one... I think it's because the GnM was a POS, and on the Evolution because it supported the RAM/Rumble directly within it's OS. [EDIT] I just get mine directly from his website as he includes an English readme with it all the time now... [/EDIT]

Rudolph's RAM enabler allowed me to run DS Browser on the DS, so it works out ok, but it'd be even better if they integrated 3in1 support into the OS along with the support for their old slot-2 cards.

Virus/brick checker?! Ah hah! I though that I read about that for the SCDS1, but which option is it? Or do I have to edit a .ini file?

In Cyclo news, it sounds like people are now getting their replacements FAST. One guy in the US said it took 15d for his!
biggrin.gif

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
from the global.ini in the scshell folder............

[NDSROMPlugin]

; 8.1 CrashMeProtection = [0|1] (Default = 1)

; DS destructive Trojan: 'Trojan.DSBrickA/B' can break your system to useless brick.
; MoonShell can check files before opening them. It only takes a second to check.
; It's not recommended to set this security check off.
; 0 = Protection Off
; 1 = Protection On

; 'Trojan.DSBrickA/B'‚ðŒŸo‚µ‹N“®‚ð‘jŽ~‚µ‚Ü‚·BMD5ŒvŽZ‚Í’x‚¢‚Å‚·‚ªŠî–{“I‚É1‚ÅŽg‚Á‚ĉº‚³‚¢B

CrashMeProtection=1

........ obviously change the 1 to a 0

rayden

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've upgraded from a SC Lite to the Cyclo DS. While the SC was a good card, the game patching for example sucked big ass.

My Micro SD (Kingston 4GB, SC4, Japan) arrived a few days after the Cyclo, so I've had all the games sorted out already on may harddisk. Once it was there, I put them on the SD and tried it out - everything worked perfectly right away!
biggrin.gif
No more patching games, the GUI is nice and easy to use, and the games are working like a charm - I'm with the Cyclo, and I'm not going back
cool.gif

Only negative thing (mentioned before) is the built quality. E.g. I'm always afraid to break the Micro SD when pulling it out of the cart. Other than that, Cyclo kicks ass!

Greets!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs