Cyclo ds in game menu help please!

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by SNESGamer, Mar 13, 2009.

Mar 13, 2009
  1. SNESGamer
    OP

Newcomer SNESGamer Member

Australia
    When i am in the Cyclo DS in game menu the only ones i can select are return to game slowmotion LCd brightness and return to main menu I have firmware version 1.53, it wont let me go to Text Reader, Realtime save/load why is this??? Also it says cheat codes disabled when I have enabled them in the Cyclos main menu, how can I get this to work. Thanks in advance!

2. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    To activate RTS you need to hold select as you are laoding your game for the first time. This will then show RTS Initialising.... You only need to do this ONCE per game / rom after that it is Automatically enabled. This will then allow you to save and once saved then load.

The text reader only becomes available when you have setup a text file for that specific game - I beleiev the txt file must be the same name as the rom but ending with txt not nds. (I could be worng and it might need to be the rom number.txt - not sure here)

You can only disable cheats in the in game menu if you have activated a cheat at the game load screen. When you select your game if it asks to load cheats and you say yes and then select cheats you will be able to disable the cheats via the in game menu.

If you want the best cheat file get it from the cheat database download page - curtious of Narin and Co. - http://cheats.gbatemp.net/. Save the file inside the user.evoCheats.zip to teh CycloDS folder on you sd memory card

[​IMG]

3. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    You're not wrong, the .txt has to have the same name as the rom you are using, like: game.nds and game.txt

4. SNESGamer
    OP

Newcomer SNESGamer Member

Australia
    You said to activate rts you have to"hold select for the first time loading the rom" or something like that. Does that mean after you have made a sav file you cant activate rts unless you delete the save file?

5. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Sorry for the confusion.

You do not need to delete the .sav file. You can activate RTS for a game any time you wish - you merely have to hold select when loading a rom. If asked if yuo want to cheat it is eaier to say no else you have to hold select while you are choosing the cheats as well. When you see "RTS Initialising" then you can let go of select.

Just remember once you have activated RTS for that game you never have to hold select again while loading the game (unless you delete the .rts file that gets created).

Hope that clears it up for you [​IMG]

6. Santee

Member Santee JalapeƱo

United States
    no it lets you use rts whenever you load the rom. the text file does have to be the same as the rom name and be in the same folder but no .txt at the end since it's already a text file theres no .nds it's the file. it says disable cheats if you want to turn it off after you press it, it changes to activate cheats and the latest frimware is 1.54b4 you might you want update if you want to play some new games. and i thought the rts file was only created when you save