Hacking Cyclo DS Evolution Issue With SDHC Cards

jamieshan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I just got my Cyclo DS Evolution today and it pretty much rocks. I am having one small issue though. I have a 4 and 6 GB Micro SDHC card, both Sandisk brand. I loaded GBA roms on to each of them, my Cyclo doesn't show them all. Windows shows all the files when I plug it into my card reader, and I've used these cards in other devices, so I know they work. Is there some kind of limitation with the Cyclo and how many roms it will recognize? I have formatted both cards several times.

I tried to ask this in the Cyclo forum, but registration is closed, so thanks for the help!

jamieshan

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm. Define doesn't show. Does the menu start up? Everything work, and just the roms won't show up?

jamieshan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cart boots up fine, and the files that do appear load and work okay, but I'm missing about half of them. They aren't showing up on the screen in the Cyclo menu. It says I have 255 files, but there should be like 527.

jamieshan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just discovered yet another problem. New files that I write to the card aren't showing up either, and I'm guessing the two problems are related. Does anybody have a clue what my problem could be? I formatted both cards using FAT 32. I sent an email to Cyclo's tech support, but I don't think I will hear from them until tomorrow. Thanks again for taking a look.

jamieshan

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
What I can think is that you don't have the Expansion pack for the 3-in-1 which is highly recommend to play the GBA games with. Also the program that gives with it.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CycloDS has a file limit of 255 files for any folder. You will have to split up your files into separate folders of 255 files or less. Be sure to take into account any save files that may still need to be created and leave room for them when you create your folders.

jamieshan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out it was the number of files in one folder. I had no idea about the 255 file limit. Thanks Rayder! Now that I've solved that problem another cropped up. I do have the EZ Flash 3 in 1, and up until now I've been able to boot my Cyclo with the EZ Flash in the GBA slot. Now when it's in the GBA slot the Cyclo will not boot. It just freezes on a white screen! Any ideas what would cause this? My EZ Flash isn't fried is it?????? Thanks again for all the help!

jamieshan

jamieshan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After some experimenting I found out the EZ Flash 3 in 1 will not boot when powered up, but if I put it in right after the standard NDS warning screen pops up it still works. It just wont load during the if its inserted when it's powered on. I've tried GBA games in the slot and they work fine during boot up, so could my card be defective? And I still can't get it to rumble!!!!!!! Very frustrating. Thanks again for the help.

jamieshan

ayemac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I thought I finally found a solution to this - the 255 limitation, which I was not aware of. However, I've removed many files (started at 295 including the SAVs), ultimatley removing even all SAVs - still no luck. I'm down to 170, but there are some NDS files that just aren't showing up in the menu. I can put the same files on another card, though, and they do show up and work.

Thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku...