Hacking Cyclo DS: Black or White?

Hybridx24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there's been topics on this before, but they seem to be a few months outdated and I just want to learn a little about Flash Carts in the process.

First of all, how do "batches" work? Every time Cyclo DS runs out of stock (or sometimes) does Team Cyclops take it upon themselves to physically change the cart (if so what batch is it at now and what was fixed)? Also, I hear the white ones are worse than the black ones (in terms of feel), so I just wanted to know this: Does the white one feel smooth like the case of the Wii, or more like a Gamecube memory card? And last but not least: Is there still an issue with the Micro SD card sticking out a bit?

Thanks for the help
- Hybridx24

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I can tell you something even tough I don't have a CycloDS.

A batch of course is the stock of it. When a website runs out, someone(could be anyone) would send in a new batch and the site would pay for them. Then they sell them. But if someone else supplies them they might not realize it could be a batch of bad clones. And they still sell them, not knowing.

Well, the build quality, I said I don't have a CycloDS, but it's going to be in your DS for a long time, you just need to take out the MicroSD card each time to put more games or homebrew. Read the GBATemp review of the CycloDS.

Here!

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hybridx24 said:
I know there's been topics on this before, but they seem to be a few months outdated and I just want to learn a little about Flash Carts in the process.

First of all, how do "batches" work? Every time Cyclo DS runs out of stock (or sometimes) does Team Cyclops take it upon themselves to physically change the cart (if so what batch is it at now and what was fixed)? Also, I hear the white ones are worse than the black ones (in terms of feel), so I just wanted to know this: Does the white one feel smooth like the case of the Wii, or more like a Gamecube memory card? And last but not least: Is there still an issue with the Micro SD card sticking out a bit?

Thanks for the help
- Hybridx24
The cycloDS bad batches a virtually gone by now, so get the color that suit you/ your DS

Hybridx24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info guys.
biggrin.gif

Anyone else feel free to give more info. I'm sure I'll buy this by the end of the day.
biggrin.gif

Hybridx24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Six said:
buy it from dealwoot. i got it from them in 2 days. free shipping still i think. just choose the color you want or the same color as your ds.

Where do you live? And I'm going to get the white one just because I think I'll get a replacement DS lite.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a myth that the black ones are always the newer batches, but I can confirm that's untrue. If you want a newer batch, there's nothing you can do except email a reseller and force them to send you a newer batch Cyclo, because they will always have both new and older batches in stock.

The MicroSD sticking out is caused by the MicroSD, not the flash card. Some MicroSDs are smaller than others and they fit perfectly whereas others are a bit taller and stick out more.

The white and black Cyclos are probably made from the same material, the only difference is the color. All notions of white Cyclos being less sturdy than the black ones are just rumors.

Dealwoot is located in L.A., California.

Super6mix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i ordered from dealwoot, White, yesterday (figured need to upgrade i still have ItouchDS)
so i'll sell that to my friend, but i Heard that the SD card Sticking out was only affecting the First batch Of cyclosDs, And Is Fixed now..
i figured i got the white since white can go with anything if i ever change my DS housing.

Hybridx24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the average time from dealwoot and dealextreme? I wanna know because I just got a Cyclo DS Evolution from dealwoot and 2 AceKards from Dealextreme.

ShiningSaber

Tiger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super6mix said:
i ordered from dealwoot, White, yesterday (figured need to upgrade i still have ItouchDS)
so i'll sell that to my friend, but i Heard that the SD card Sticking out was only affecting the First batch Of cyclosDs, And Is Fixed now..
i figured i got the white since white can go with anything if i ever change my DS housing.
No, as demon said, microsd specific. Although mine doesn't stick out much. it sticks out about as much as the thickness of the card itself
tongue.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hybridx24 said:
What's the average time from dealwoot and dealextreme? I wanna know because I just got a Cyclo DS Evolution from dealwoot and 2 AceKards from Dealextreme.
Hi, assuming you live in the U.S., dealwoot will get to you in 2-3 days but dealextreme might take that many weeks.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the white/black debate is the result of a long-solved problem. The last production batch of Hardware version 1.0 had a few contact issues because of the old logic chip, after which they redesigned the entire card to use lower-profile. Black cards were introduced with this change, so if you got a black card, you could be sure to have the 1.1 version. However, nowadays, 1.0 cards are pretty much out of circulation at major suppliers, so you are almost sure to get a 1.1 except if you buy a used one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel