Cyclo and M3 GBA pack

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Madridi, Aug 20, 2008.

Aug 20, 2008

Cyclo and M3 GBA pack by Madridi at 12:00 AM (1,263 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Madridi
    OP

Member Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    Hi,

I know that Cyclo only work with 3in1 natively, but I learned that it can work with GBA Exploader. (I have 0.57)
    The thing is, when I run GBA Exploader with Cyclo, it detects the M3, but there is nothing to select.

Am I missing something?

2. Vincent T

Member Vincent T GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You need a 3 in 1 ex flash slot 2. and use the exploader witht eh ex 3 in one flash.

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    If you mean an M3 Perfect as the "GBA pak", yes, it works perfectly fine with the Cyclo. But you must use M3's software to add games to it (possibly some ROM manager could do it too, but I don't bother with those and therefore know nothing about them), but you you don't load GBA games from the Cyclo to the M3. You load them directly through the M3 itself after you put some ROMs into its memory card via M3's patcher.

You can boot the M3 through the Cyclo though....go to "menu" (3rd icon on the Cyclo's boot screen) and select "boot slot2". It will ask if you wish to boot it in DS or GBA mode. For GBA games, use GBA mode......obviously.

4. Madridi
    OP

Qatar
    @Six:
    Thanks for the answer, but you misunderstood the question. I was talking about the M3 GBA pack, not the 3in1

@Rayder:
    Thanks for the answer, however, I'm not talking about the M3 lite perfect, I'm talking about the new m3 GBA pack that you can use with the M3 real.

Here is a link to the product I'm talking about
    http://www.bamboogaming.cn/shop.php/flash-...ing-/p_125.html

I would appreciate all the help I can get to get this working
    Thanks

5. deciiii

Newcomer deciiii Member

Germany
    hey. i have the same gba expansion. you have to use the GBAExploader program (can be found here on gbatemp in nds homebrew downloads)
    it can load gba files onto the gba expansion and then starts it.

sadly, when using the cyclo the gbaexlpoader option to make a pure RAM expansion (for use in dslinux for example) is not available, while it IS on the R4. which is a problem i am just trying to figure out...

6. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Same here, the RAM part doesn't work with Opera DS either.
    Very frustrating...

7. Madridi
    OP

Qatar
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the answer

@Deciii:
    I know, I mentioned the GBA Exploader, and I mentioned I was using 0.57 of that program.
    However, normally, when I use that program with my 3in1 or EZ4 lite deluxe, I can see all my folders on my cyclo and simply select my game.
    However, with M3 GBA pack, GBA exploader doesnt show me my folders.
    It Does say GBA Exploader [M3/G6] and it does show me all of the programs functions, but there is nothing to select from.

I searched a bit, and found a comment from Fat D on the Cyclo forums saying that the M3 needs a weird initialization thats coded by M3, which is why its not working on the cyclo.
    Is that correct? I was under the impression (and reports from others) that it DID infact work.

8. deciiii

Newcomer deciiii Member

Germany
    sorry for hijacking the thread. but i just found a way to get the RAM part to work :-O
    i am always pissed when something is not working like it should. or like i want it to work. hehe.

it sounds weird and is cumbersome, but it actually worked! i tried it with (a patched) opera DS, dslinux and DSNEO.

start gbaexploader. do nothing, just make a softreset back to the cyclo menu.
    start gbaexplaoder again. another softreset back.
    start something that needs or uses extra RAM.

i have no idea why. but it works like it should, opera starts without missing ram pack message, dsneo shows the symbol for slot 2 ram usage, dslinux shows 17mb free RAM [​IMG]

btw. hello all. me is a brand new cyclo user and gbatemp reader [​IMG]

EDIT: just saw your reply, madri. i THINK (not sure) you need to have your gba roms in a directory named GBA (and of course the GBA_SAVE and uh the other one). i have tried it with gbaexploader 0.53 and 0.57. both worked for me. disabled mutli_save in the config. hmm. i can see the directory tree and can browse around there on my normal microSD 2gb formatted to fat32.
    maybe you could try another gbaexploader version. gba expansion support was added in .53 i think. also you could try the soft reset and reloading i described above. otherwise i don't have a clue :/

9. Madridi
    OP

Qatar
    Glad to see that ram problem worked for you guys [​IMG]
    Thanks for the reply Deciii, I tried the things you mentioned, same problem. However I did notice one thing,
    I had the GBA game on the root of my microSD, so when I ran GBA Exploader 0.57, it did say 1 game, but no directory tree to browse from. Now after I created a GBA folder (along with the other two folders) and the game there, GBA Exploader says 0 games
    So obiously, it does see something there, but for some reason, there is NOTHING to browse (white screen).
    I used a different MicroSD for testing purposes, same problem.

PS. Welcome to GBAtemp, hope you like it here [​IMG]

EDIT: Progress!! tried your advice and used 0.53, it now works!! So I'll search for a while and see whats wrong with 0.57

10. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    OMFG it works here too!
    Tnx!