ROM Hack Cyber Code Freak for 3DS - The Most Anticipated Cheat Device!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I wonder how this works. The post mentions save editing, but stuff like invincibility and 100% pokeball catch rate wouldn't be possible with that. It wouldn't surprise me if it actually uses ntrboot to gain access.
Wait... Isn't this thing supposed to belong here : 3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares
Since it is a Flashcard...:unsure:

Hmm... Weird:tpi:
It's not though? Flashcart is referring to it loading roms off flash memory, which this doesn't do.

Reactions: BvanBart

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I wonder how this works. The post mentions save editing, but stuff like invincibility and 100% pokeball catch rate wouldn't be possible with that. It wouldn't surprise me if it actually uses ntrboot to gain access.

It's not though? Flashcart is referring to it loading roms off flash memory, which this doesn't do.
But still, it is a cart.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You'll always find people to buy it, father of a kid who want to cheat but don't want to mess with guides ect...
They don't read forums like most of GBATemp people, they propably don't know about 3ds.guide too.

And now I think, if it really doesn't use a cfw, stargate could support 3ds cheats.
Look, I get that there are people who want cheats and don't want or can't get CFW, just was commenting about the Stargate part:P

As for how this one works, it could be the same as the extended Action Replay (one that had a cartridge slot at the top) was on the NDS. It appears thin in the pic though, so it most likely won't be like that. However, if it ends up like that, it will simply function by taking the data that would normally be exchanged between the cartridge and the system and changing select bytes, then forward that data to where it would normally go. For example, playing Pokemon, it will forward every bit of data, but will change the bytes that correspond to, say, item slot 1 in the bag so that it's value is x99 or something.

If it's not like that and is instead the type that you use first, then remove and put in the game cartridge, it could simply have a mock "custom firmware" that gets loaded temporarily when you use the cart, activating some sort of overlay that stays active until you turn off the system or something among those lines...

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Children do not like difficult things.
But this product is too expensive.
When I was a kid I liked difficult stuff though, how do you think I ended up being an engineer?:P And adults like difficult things way less than kids... too expensive even for adults though!

saburou

Trophies
XP
Country
When I was a kid I liked difficult stuff though, how do you think I ended up being an engineer?:P And adults like difficult things way less than kids... too expensive even for adults though!
Ah, you're right!
And I thought using this product makes it easier to hack games than using a cfw or ntr or something other, but it is not sure!:yay:

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
3DS games aren't that hard, Nintendo DS game was harder.

(like SM3DW or NSMB2)
Nintendo games are those that aren't hard, not 3DS ones. Try playing MH3U solo and tell me it's easy:P (for some people like me it is but said people are experts)

There are plenty hard games on the 3DS to be honest, you just have to look for them though. Also, I'm talking about playing on the highest difficulty setting... Try EO5 for example and tell me how easy it was, lol

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo games are those that aren't hard, not 3DS ones. Try playing MH3U solo and tell me it's easy:P (for some people like me it is but said people are experts)

There are plenty hard games on the 3DS to be honest, you just have to look for them though. Also, I'm talking about playing on the highest difficulty setting... Try EO5 for example and tell me how easy it was, lol

Even so DS/3DS games tend to be much easier. As an example, in Dark Spire there is a spell to return to town and there is no penalty for using it while in the original Wizardry you would either lose all your equipment and most of your gold or permanently unlearn the spell which means when you level up relearning it would count towards your "new spells" so you wouldn't learn as many as if you hadn't used it. At most using a powerful spell in Dark Spire will just unprepare it, once you learn a spell you will always "know" it (have it on your spell list).

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Even so DS/3DS games tend to be much easier. As an example, in Dark Spire there is a spell to return to town and there is no penalty for using it while in the original Wizardry you would either lose all your equipment and most of your gold or permanently unlearn the spell which means when you level up relearning it would count towards your "new spells" so you wouldn't learn as many as if you hadn't used it. At most using a powerful spell in Dark Spire will just unprepare it, once you learn a spell you will always "know" it (have it on your spell list).
You are literally comparing two different games... Just because something is SIMILAR doesn't mean it should be the same, just have some common elements.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
When you use Stargate you can already edit your saves. Because the saves are on the Micro SD
Are you sure about that ?
if I remember correctly, raw savegame can't be edited.
Iirc there is an address in most saved games that contains a checksum. If you modify a save the checksum needs to be recalculated. If you can capture this calculation you can just edit that value to reflect the changes made.

If you use an inline cheat device to modify the values while in ram then save, the system will save that data and calculate the checksum on its own.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Iirc there is an address in most saved games that contains a checksum. If you modify a save the checksum needs to be recalculated. If you can capture this calculation you can just edit that value to reflect the changes made.

If you use an inline cheat device to modify the values while in ram then save, the system will save that data and calculate the checksum on its own.

Not always. I used manual ram editing to edit my inventory in the SNES version of Dragon Quest 3 but that made it impossible to use battery saves as they would be deleted as being corrupt and nothing I did in game (re-shuffle inventory, buy an item, get gold by fighting, etc) would cause it to recalculate the internal checksum correctly.

Reactions: WeedZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0