Hacking CV:POR Kingston Japan Freeze

jtroye32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been playing CV:POR for awhile with no problems (passed the repeated start pressing etc) on my Kingston 1GB made in japan. In the City Of Haze I was playing normally and came to a room with a sign that says "Church". I jumped for the heck of it and on the way down it froze, the sound played for a few seconds then went dead too. I reloaded my last save and went back and tried to jump around again.. i jumped about 10 times and it froze again. So I tried it a third time and jumped around for a good few minutes and couldn't get it to freeze again.. weird. anyone have any random freezes with the 1gb japan kingston in POR or any other game?

jtroye32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same card, haven't had any freezes with C:PoR. I'm guessing either bad dump or the fact that nothing's perfect. I'm sure that out of the tons of people who've tried what's been reported as 100% working, there's at least one failure.

yeah, everything has been fine with everything else and i can't get it to repeat.. so maybe just a fluke or something hopefully (i'm sure it's a clean dump).

slowness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also have a kingston 1gb japan and it froze 2x in the begining of the game, i think i have a clean dump, but anyways after the 2 initial freezes after talking to wind then leaving was the first freeze, the other was when i just learnd how to slide. after those 2 freezes the game played fine ever since so iono maybe it just freezes sometimes?
unsure.gif

eltia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Kingston 1 GB made in Japan too and I experienced freezes in PoR as well. Later, I found out a lot of them were due to shaking of my NDS during gameplay (I was holding my NDS upright while I played through some stages that required a lot of actions). You can try to play PoR on a flat, stationary surface and hopefully you should see much much less freezes.

anjel

Trophies
XP
Country
I wanna chime in here, although I have a Sandisk Ultra II. Supposedly it should play PoR perfectly, but I still get the odd freeze. Last one just a few hours ago when switching characters. Music kept playing indefinitely. Hopefully there'll be a PoR v1.1 to fix the freezing.

jtroye32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh there maybe problems with the R4 case... read some of the ADATA threads... just make sure the PCB in the casing is secure

can u post the link to this thread?

yeah, i read about people re-seating their cards to fix freezes, but i'm pretty sure that's not what it was with mine since i tired shaking it while playing without it locking up. it was very strange it happened twice and i couldn't get it to do it a third time. but i'm glad it seems to work fine now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there