Customizing XMB

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by JoshuaEpling, Nov 9, 2011.

Nov 9, 2011

Customizing XMB by JoshuaEpling at 8:52 AM (575 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. JoshuaEpling
    OP

Newcomer JoshuaEpling Advanced Member

United States
    Are there any apps that are compatible w/ recent fw versions to customize/theme the XMB?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    CXMB shouts "HELLO I CAN Customise (your) XMB" for you!

And you can modify/mix CTF's up too.

Other than that there's a whole world of RCO editing which i'd suggest you avoid given that you're asking this question.

3. JoshuaEpling
    OP

United States
    i did use cxmb around 6.35 or so, i couldn't get it to work at one point. haven't used it in awhile. i didn't know if it had been updated to support recent cfw. I haven't heard of rco editing, what is it?

4. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Something you should stay far away from unless you plan on bricking your psp . As xist said use cxmb it works fine . If you however is in a temp cfw then it will only work while you are on the cfw mode & there nothing you can do but switch to a perm cfw if you want full time xmb customization .

5. JoshuaEpling
    OP

United States
    lol, i'll take ur guys advice stay away from it. so cxmb has been updated? i'll use it then. i wish i could have permanent cfw mode, i have a 3001 model & the best i can get is temp cfw. I use VF's Pro cfw. I don't ever turn it off, I just it into sleep. I hope somebody\team could come up with a permanent cfw for the models w/ unhackable motherboards.

6. The_Dragons_Mast

Egypt
    Actually someone did a downgrader to downgrade the new psp-3000s to 6.20 so they can use the 6.20 pro perm a while ago .

The process is a bit risky but so far didn't see any bricks from it but use it at your own risk :P . Here is the link read the whole thing & decide for yourself . Also you better make sure which 3000 model you got ( go to system info while in cfw to see)

As for cxmb here is the latest version . It works in all pro cfws .

7. JoshuaEpling
    OP

United States
    The MAC address lists a Model: 04g, would that mean if I downgrade I could have a permanent cfw? If so, how would I handle updates steer clear of them or be able to download parts of the updates I need to make games work w/o having to install a update or would I have to patch the game?

8. The_Dragons_Mast

Egypt
    Well you are lucky 4gs can be easily downgraded . Ignore the link above that's for 9gs for your psp just follow Rydian guide here .

First restart your psp to boot into normal fw then follow the downgrade part & after you are in 6.20 follow the 6.20 PRO (permanent) installation & you will have a permanent cfw .

As for weather you will need to update or no ,so far you don't need as you can play all games & access psn on latest 6.20 PRO. You just need to update your PRO ver every while but that's it .

9. JoshuaEpling
    OP

United States
    i'll check into it & let u know how it goes. thank you.

Working on my psp right now, i'm very glad you told me this, i assumed all 3000 models had the 9g motherboard

Downgraded no problem and the 6.20 permanent patch took just fine. Thanks alot. Now I'll get cxmb running and grab a theme or two. Any suggestions for a place some awesome themes? So, as long as I update the 6.20 hack I won't have to worry bout games\psn flagging me for a update to use them?