Custom themes 3.60 Henkaku

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Tutorials' started by phant0mg33k, Jul 31, 2016.

?

Would you want a pre made theme?

Poll closed Aug 7, 2016.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. phant0mg33k
    OP

phant0mg33k Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    Hello all and today i would like to go over installing a custom theme to you psvita, this theme will survive data base updates, reboots, but to applying another theme and switching back.

So what we are gonna do is take advantage of the psvita and how it handled themes. So as according to hackinformer:http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/INFO_THEMES.html
    the psvita de-cyrpts a theme when it is applied. so using that logic if the files are named the same, you can one for one replace them on your memstick

The location of these files is,
    Code:
    ur0:/shell/theme

so you have 2 options, copy the files on the device to a computer using FTP and rename your icons to match the ones you dumed, or using that same FTP start renaming your files to match the ones on the theme on your memstick.

I prefer to back it up beforhand. afterword simply transfer the "new"theme using FTP simpling replacing the files on transfer

Reboot the system when done and the theme will no stay presisntant because the vita is using a them it thinks you legitimately own those icons in that theme.

DO NOT CHANGE YOU THEM OR IT WILL UNDO YOUR CHANGES, YOU CAN ALSO REPLACE THE BACKGROUND .AT9 I HAVE YET TO TEST REPLACEING THE THEME.XML......IT MAY ALLOW FOR USNG OF A THEME WITHOUT HAVING TO RENAME THE FILES
    ****************EDIT********************************

Here is a link to the them I used. I did not create this theme, just used it:

https://mega.nz/#!615RyJjZ!QYfB74nqN-9j-Fw0akWUVGfmYr0M4qxqt0XCAksrqew

THE EXAMPLE.AT9 IS JUST A TEXT FILE THIS IS NOT THE NAME EITHER FOR THE .AT9 THAT MIGHT BE IN YOUR THEME. THAT AT9 WILL MAKE YOUR THEME GO SEILNT UNTIL YOU CHAGNE THEMES AGAIN.

Last edited by phant0mg33k, Aug 2, 2016
    chronoss, xfxmrl, Chary and 1 other person like this.
  2. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    This is a good begin, can you go a bit more in depth on the steps?(Even though the other site explains this)

Can you replace background music? This is the most important for me. :)

Chary likes this.
  3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    yep, you can as long as you use sony's AT9Tool to create the replacement music

4. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Awesome! Thanks for this. Can't wait to start making custom themes.

5. CloudStrife1901

CloudStrife1901 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    Already themed my psvita without the need of a guide, took awhile trial and error but eventually did it

6. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    can we install any free themes with package manager 2.0?? i never obtained any themes :(

7. phant0mg33k
    OP

phant0mg33k Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    Not as of current