• Poll closed .

phant0mg33k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all and today i would like to go over installing a custom theme to you psvita, this theme will survive data base updates, reboots, but to applying another theme and switching back.

So what we are gonna do is take advantage of the psvita and how it handled themes. So as according to hackinformer:http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/INFO_THEMES.html
the psvita de-cyrpts a theme when it is applied. so using that logic if the files are named the same, you can one for one replace them on your memstick

The location of these files is,
Code:
ur0:/shell/theme

so you have 2 options, copy the files on the device to a computer using FTP and rename your icons to match the ones you dumed, or using that same FTP start renaming your files to match the ones on the theme on your memstick.

I prefer to back it up beforhand. afterword simply transfer the "new"theme using FTP simpling replacing the files on transfer

Reboot the system when done and the theme will no stay presisntant because the vita is using a them it thinks you legitimately own those icons in that theme.

DO NOT CHANGE YOU THEM OR IT WILL UNDO YOUR CHANGES, YOU CAN ALSO REPLACE THE BACKGROUND .AT9 I HAVE YET TO TEST REPLACEING THE THEME.XML......IT MAY ALLOW FOR USNG OF A THEME WITHOUT HAVING TO RENAME THE FILES
****************EDIT********************************

Here is a link to the them I used. I did not create this theme, just used it:

https://mega.nz/#!615RyJjZ!QYfB74nqN-9j-Fw0akWUVGfmYr0M4qxqt0XCAksrqew

THE EXAMPLE.AT9 IS JUST A TEXT FILE THIS IS NOT THE NAME EITHER FOR THE .AT9 THAT MIGHT BE IN YOUR THEME. THAT AT9 WILL MAKE YOUR THEME GO SEILNT UNTIL YOU CHAGNE THEMES AGAIN.

Last edited by phant0mg33k,

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is a good begin, can you go a bit more in depth on the steps?(Even though the other site explains this)

Can you replace background music? This is the most important for me. :)

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    Veho @ Veho: Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.