Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This is kind of a noobish question but how do I install these themes with GW and what are the risks?

AFAIK there is no risk, because if the data modified by CHMN in extdata is corrupted, it will only change to original theme. Different is the case of a play coin setter, because if the data modified in extdata is corrupted, the NAND will not be able to start => brick

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK there is no risk, because if the data modified by CHMN in extdata is corrupted, it will only change to original theme. Different is the case of a play coin setter, because if the data modified in extdata is corrupted, the NAND will not be able to start => brick
There may be risks. Never know. Some chicks might see it and become hyper aroused and sex crazed. Don't think it's happened to anyone yet, but better safe then sorry. Brilliant username btw.

xextil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do you make a custom theme with custom sounds like opening folder etc? (NOT MUSIC!)

I made a tool to create a custom cwav data file and then import it with YATA, but before you need convert wav file to bcwav and currently the only option for that is a tool from Nintendo sdk.

Reactions: Margen67

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nice themes!
i have a small problem but i'm sure its pretty simple to solve..i jsut never ran into this issue so i'm not sure what to try for now..
that being said, here's my tiny problem:
in photoshop, i cannot open the BMPs (bitmap) from themes..but i can on other apps like paint and gimp. I have the bmp plugins install since i can usually edit bmp without problems.
At first i tought it was because i was using a portable version of photoshop (wich have the plugin wbmp) so i installed the normal bmp plugin..still no luck.
What happen when i try to open it in photoshop is this: ''could not complete your request because file-format module cannot parse the file.'':teach:

..now what comes to my mind, its about the colour palette..but that cant be right, right?..

anyway, i know it most be really a simple thing..but i tought someone here could help me out on this one! :bow:
thanks, and sorry for the long post :P

xextil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angel beats theme, anyone?

Here you have one. I used My Soul, Your Beats! song as bgm and cwavs from others ost songs!

iR73hVi.jpg

PulEfYN.jpg
yolT7Gt.jpg

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eddfn3cx3yjsh0a/AACUvo2R4pUN6yjoaRNklocPa?dl=0

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Here's my first custom (public) theme. I made a couple others, but for now they are still for personal use. But this one I made specifically with the intention to release it.

It's DSTheme! It's a theme that makes the Home Menu look more like the DS menu from DS/DS Lite! :D

Screenshot.jpg

Download link attached to the post. ;)

Comes with preview image for preview inside CHMM if that's what you use to install themes.

Theme features custom graphics, custom color scheme, and custom sound effects/background music! :D (Well that's if you consider the faint ticking noise the DS normally makes "music". :P )

Attachments

• DSLiteTheme.rar
    557.9 KB · Views: 212

RetroKenesis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone. I'm new here and go by the name RetroKenesis or just Kenesis. I enjoy creating music, playing video games, and creating themes and box art for video games and blu-rays. I have a completely finished Wii Chun Li theme I have never distributed if anyone is interested. Anyway, I thought I would share with you guys so I just signed up. Below are some Full Themes including custom sounds, folders and music created by myself. I made the beat for the Chun-Li: Summer Madness Theme. Distribute it anyway you like but please give credit if you choose to do so. Also, please only use the original music for themes with music created by me and future themes for what they were intended for. All of my music is copywritten. These themes work great with CHMM. Plus Rep if you like! Thank you for your time! Enjoy!

*Shout Outs*
Special shout out to Apache Thunder for advice on CWAVs and tools. Shout out to XEXtil for a Xenoblade Shulk voice sample and the program Custom CWAVs! And shout out to Reisyukaku for creating the awesome customization program YATA!!​

*Themes by RetroKenesis*

*Chun-Li: Summer Madness (Final Version) By RetroKenesis*
*No Scrolling*
*Custom Sounds? HELL YEAH! (4)*
*Custom BGM: "All The Times" by RetroKenesis*
*BGM Loop? YES.*

Chun-Li: Summer Madness Theme Sample Images
preview.png
inside folder.JPG
*Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (Final Version) By RetroKenesis*
*No Scrolling*
*Custom Sounds? HELL YEAH! (3)*
*Custom BGM: "Eryth Sea (Night)" by Yoko Shimomura*
*BGM Loop? YES.*
*UPDATE!! 3/2/2015*
*Changed a few colors on top screen*
*Changed colors of demo messages ;) *
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D Theme Sample Images
preview.png
inside folder.JPG
*Yoshi's New Island (Final Version) By RetroKenesis*
*Scrolling? Both Screens! (Seamless Loop!)*
*Custom Sounds? HELL YEAH! (5)*
*Custom BGM: "Multiplayer Menu (Remix)" by RetroKenesis*
*BGM Loop? YES.*
I worked so, so, so, so, hard on this theme! I simply am in love with the end results and I really hope everyone enjoys this. The beat took me a few hours with trying to find specifc levels to adjust to make the brstm sound decent enough for the 3DS. Now lets talk a little about the images used. Shout out to Xextil for the tutorial on lining up top and bottom images for dual scrolling themes! After I got everything lined up perfectly...some minor issues were still present. Here's what happened...​
I Started off using this image for the theme​
20823568_yoshisnewisland.jpg
After Lining top and bottom images up, I decided i wanted to create a mirage to make it loop infinitely so i had to draw a vine that wasnt there, some coins added, subtracted flowers, added flowers etc...and then the top and bottom looked like this....
new top.png
Yoshi's New Island Bottom.png
don't worry it's supposed to look like that! lol...anyway, i opened up YATA and simulated and it looked something like this...
yata sim1.jpg
So....me being me...I figured everything was a GO! I loaded up my new images on my 3DS and even though they were perfectly lined up...I sadly saw imperfections such as these
20150303_135709.jpg
20150303_135744.jpg
At this point, I was shaking my head and ready to throw in the towel. The way the images aren't properly aligned have nothing to do with YATA, and has nothing to do with how I aligned them in photoshop. The Issue is simply the way the dual screens on the 3DS are. It's hit or miss depending on the image. Being a perfectionist, I couldn't sit there and let it slide. I already made it seamlessly loop and I would be damned if I was going to half ass it lol. I took back to Adobe Photoshop and decided I was going to make manual adjustments to the top photos and brush it good enough that it looks like it was damn near untouched.​
This was the resulting image...
Yoshi's New Island Top.png
Not too shabby right? So now when you open this up in yata it looks like this..,
yata sim2.jpg
But don't be alarmed! You have to view it on actual hardware! Look at this sexy beast now!​
Yoshi's New Island Theme Sample Images
20150303_140018_zpsfmkxkjcd.jpg
20150303_140033_zpsk1lgtrnd.jpg
20150303_140046_zps5ptns8o9.jpg
20150303_140100_zps4dqw9mjd.jpg
And for good measure, here's and image with Yoshi's New Island Loaded up ;) Thanks for your time and please enjoy!!!​
HNI_0091_zpst3oe2om5.jpg
*Streets of Rage By RetroKenesis*
*Scrolling? Both Screens! (Seamless Loop!)*
*Custom Sounds? HELL YEAH! (5)*
*Custom BGM: "Blaze's Revenge" by RetroKenesis*
*BGM Loop? YES.*
Well...I finally finished! This was the first theme I had planned when I first found out it was possible to make them on 3DS! Truth is, I didn't know where to start so I put it off for a bit. All sound should be great. I ripped all sound effects using Streets of Rage 2 and the Fusion Emulator (I own the original). For the beat, I was tempted to sample Streets of Rage music but didnt. I decided I wanted to go 100% original but still make something that complimented how Streets of Rage music should sound. I titled the beat "Blaze's Revenge" being since she's my favorite character ;) Really hope you guys are feeling this one! Streets of Rage is one of my favorite franchises of all time, up there with Kunio, Zelda, and Puyo Puyo!​
Streets of Rage Theme Sample Images
preview_zpsln98llhv.png
HNI_0094_zps1jpiormd.jpg
HNI_0096_zpszhx3fdgr.jpg
HNI_0097_zpsbp78y93i.jpg
HNI_0099_zpswk3s1g53.jpg
And a pic with Streets of Rage 3D Loaded! :) Thanks for your time.​
HNI_0098_zpsakftsirz.jpg
Here are images from my Chun Li Wii Theme. I have video footage of the wii theme in the java based theme creator as well if anyone is interested.​

Wii Theme Images
Chun-Li_By_RetroKenesis3.png
Chun-Li_By_RetroKenesis4.png
Chun-Li_By_RetroKenesis5.png
Chun-Li_By_RetroKenesis8.png
Chun-Li_By_RetroKenesis11.png
Chun-Li_By_RetroKenesis12.png

Attachments

• preview.png
    preview.png
    348.9 KB · Views: 1,622
  • inside folder.JPG