custom theme music issues

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by omegazeroINFI, Aug 17, 2015.

1. omegazeroINFI
    OP

omegazeroINFI Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    using yata, i managed to make a practice theme, but whenever i load it up into the 3ds, it shows up, but it always plays the song from the theme i had it on last.

i loaded it up via ironfall homebrew extdatatool if that helps.

assuming im doing something wrong, what am i supposed to do from beginning to end to load a theme?

2. khlover

khlover Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Got a similar issue, at first I tried to install my custom theme over the DLC ones and CHMM/exdatatools 1.1 would refuse to write any file at all, now I install the Custom Themes over Standard Themes and it works but I still don't have any music. bgm.bcstm is played without issues in YATA+, but as soon as I install the theme - silence :/

Error Codes in question: "Failed to write file: 0x92044e6"" with exdatatools and "[string "?"]:91: error writing f []" with CHMM

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my file is 1MB, so far away from the 3.3MB limit.
    EDIT2: New 3DS 9.9.0.26 EUR with IronHax (NinjHax 2.1) if that is any help

3. CrystalForce

CrystalForce I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.

Feb 10, 2015
    United States
    Is your theme music more than about 3.23 MB? If so, the music will just be the same as your last theme.

Also, you should use CHMM and YATA+ instead. Both are much better.

4. omegazeroINFI
    OP

omegazeroINFI Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    huh, chmm isnt quite working, i keep getting a string 91 error or something when i try to load it through that.

5. Baoulettes

Baoulettes The lonely man

May 25, 2011
    France
    C:\Users\Baoulettes\Desktop\GBATemp
    About Error 91 that easy to "fix it"
    Just reboot your 3DS then put for example Black theme or Original one.
    boot chmm and try to install a theme it should work.

Error 91 appear when you try to install a theme a DLC theme Or a custom theme.