Homebrew custom theme music issues

omegazeroINFI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using yata, i managed to make a practice theme, but whenever i load it up into the 3ds, it shows up, but it always plays the song from the theme i had it on last.

i loaded it up via ironfall homebrew extdatatool if that helps.

assuming im doing something wrong, what am i supposed to do from beginning to end to load a theme?

khlover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Got a similar issue, at first I tried to install my custom theme over the DLC ones and CHMM/exdatatools 1.1 would refuse to write any file at all, now I install the Custom Themes over Standard Themes and it works but I still don't have any music. bgm.bcstm is played without issues in YATA+, but as soon as I install the theme - silence :/

Error Codes in question: "Failed to write file: 0x92044e6"" with exdatatools and "[string "?"]:91: error writing f []" with CHMM

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my file is 1MB, so far away from the 3.3MB limit.
EDIT2: New 3DS 9.9.0.26 EUR with IronHax (NinjHax 2.1) if that is any help

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using yata, i managed to make a practice theme, but whenever i load it up into the 3ds, it shows up, but it always plays the song from the theme i had it on last.

i loaded it up via ironfall homebrew extdatatool if that helps.

assuming im doing something wrong, what am i supposed to do from beginning to end to load a theme?

Is your theme music more than about 3.23 MB? If so, the music will just be the same as your last theme.

Also, you should use CHMM and YATA+ instead. Both are much better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast