United States

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Then I'd suggest hooking an Arduino up to the Slot-2 of a DS.

That might work but I doubt it that you'll pull it off that it'll be usefull.
It would be cool as a POC tho.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Then I'd suggest hooking an Arduino up to the Slot-2 of a DS.

That might work but I doubt it that you'll pull it off that it'll be usefull.
It would be cool as a POC tho.

I was just looking into the Arduino thing. :-) I just need to know how to get the ds to talk with it... That is what I have not found yet, I have read gbatek many times...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll need to talk to the DS in NDS mode.

It's the same was as they did it with Slot-2 cards.
FlashMe would be a good idea.

I have no experience what so ever in NDS coding so I can't help you with that.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to talk to the DS in NDS mode.

It's the same was as they did it with Slot-2 cards.
FlashMe would be a good idea.

I have no experience what so ever in NDS coding so I can't help you with that.

Oh whell, I think I have the coding part figured ds side, just not the slot-2 hardware, that is the big sticking point for me.

Gryphon93

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing around with the GBA-slot myself, trying to get my DS to communicate with my Arduino. I've managed to send data from the Arduino to the DS, but not the other way around. Right now I've only sent 16 bits, so it's just a small step forward. I can't promise anything, but I'll keep trying and see if I can get the devices to communicate properly. However, there is one possible problem using a regular Arduino. It may be too slow to be able to communicate, even with the GBA-slot set to the lowest speed. I've yet to confirm this, but it might be a problem. I'm doing this for fun anyways, so it's just interesting to see if it works out. If it does I might use it in some projects I have in mind.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing around with the GBA-slot myself, trying to get my DS to communicate with my Arduino. I've managed to send data from the Arduino to the DS, but not the other way around. Right now I've only sent 16 bits, so it's just a small step forward. I can't promise anything, but I'll keep trying and see if I can get the devices to communicate properly. However, there is one possible problem using a regular Arduino. It may be too slow to be able to communicate, even with the GBA-slot set to the lowest speed. I've yet to confirm this, but it might be a problem. I'm doing this for fun anyways, so it's just interesting to see if it works out. If it does I might use it in some projects I have in mind.

So you have managed to send data to the ds, and have the ds read it? How is your hardware setup?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i know you are discussing slot-2, but have you read about ds brute?

DS brut is an open source hardware prototyping platform for the Nintendo DS, aimed at enthusiasts, artists and game developers alike. We manufactured Slot-1 cartridges that allow you to control a basic UART, up to six GPIO lines, up to three ports for PWM, up to two ADCs, and I?C bus - all from within your own DS homebrew application.

see our website http://dsbrut.sukzessiv.net/

The cartridge features one Atmega168 microcontroller which - like the Arduino - can be very easily programmed via the TX/RX pins. By default, the microcontroller runs a programm (source code available) tailored for use with a LGPL-licensed library for devkitPro we developed, that makes it possible to access the microcontroller's peripherals from within your DS code. The library transparently handles all communication with the cartridge over SPI bus, which makes it extremely easy to use for developers. As its API closely resembles those of Arduino (analogRead(), digitalRead()), you can start prototyping right away if you have some experience on that platform!

-another world

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
i know you are discussing slot-2, but have you read about ds brute?

DS brut is an open source hardware prototyping platform for the Nintendo DS, aimed at enthusiasts, artists and game developers alike. We manufactured Slot-1 cartridges that allow you to control a basic UART, up to six GPIO lines, up to three ports for PWM, up to two ADCs, and I?C bus - all from within your own DS homebrew application.

see our website http://dsbrut.sukzessiv.net/

The cartridge features one Atmega168 microcontroller which - like the Arduino - can be very easily programmed via the TX/RX pins. By default, the microcontroller runs a programm (source code available) tailored for use with a LGPL-licensed library for devkitPro we developed, that makes it possible to access the microcontroller's peripherals from within your DS code. The library transparently handles all communication with the cartridge over SPI bus, which makes it extremely easy to use for developers. As its API closely resembles those of Arduino (analogRead(), digitalRead()), you can start prototyping right away if you have some experience on that platform!

-another world

I will look at that, but I want it so that you may use whatever Slot-1 you have, for ease of use, and they are 100%sold out... Found schematics!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: