Hacking Custom Paths in USB Loader GX

darthmunky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why can't I change the custom paths to SD:/? It's making folders on my external HDD where my games are stored. I don't want that to happen. I want all the cover art and stuff on my SD.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's a button where you can switch SD / USB partition 1 / USB partition 2 etc.
This switch doesn't work, or didn't you try it?

The default path is SD:/ for the custom paths, so maybe you didn't have an SD card inserted the day you launched the loader for the first time, and it used all USB path?

Also, if you have an SD card, you should boot from the SD card:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
This is the first and default path for the forwarder, settings, etc.
try to place it on SD and delete your GXglobal.cfg file so it is created again with default paths.

darthmunky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't see this switch. I can edit the paths but I cant backspace enough to erase the "usb:/". And I am booting from the SD, it just creates the usbloadergx folder on my external HDD for some reason. I erased the folder and tried again and it just makes all the settings default.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You might be using a too old version of USBloaderGX.

Now you don't edit the path manually anymore, you pick them up in a graphical folder explorer.
Update your USBloaderGX to v2.2

Edit:
Delete your setting files and delete any config/ folder you may have on your USB:/config/ or SD:/config/
or it will use your old settings again.
It should be fast enough to set your settings back like you want.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it's the latest release.

When you go to settings>page 3>custom_paths menu, you choose the item you want to edit the path, and you will be shown presented with a folder explorer.

at the bottom you have 3 buttons : OK, USBx/SD/, Cancel
click on the middle button to either go to the SD card or a USB partition.

Browse the folders with the main window, you will see the full path at the top, select OK when it's good.

I don't know why you have USB as default.

darthmunky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the problem, those 3 buttons are not there. It just lists the folders on my external HDD.

EDIT: Also, the custom paths menu is on page 2 for me and there's only 3 pages.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, sorry, there are only 3 pages. But if it's on page 2, you clearly didn't launch the latest version.
I think you launched a different version than the one you just downloaded.

Go to the credits, you will see the version at the top right.
Latest official release is 2.2 (revision 1100).
Latest beta is revision 1108

Delete your folder :
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/
and
SD:/config/
And extract again the downloaded version to SD, in apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

Also, check your USB drive, delete any USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/ folder and usb:/config/ folder.

when you are on Homebrew channel, verrify that you are launching homebrew from the SD and not the USB (press button 1)
If you launch from the Wii menu using a channel, be sure it's the forwarder channel and not a full USBloader channel with an old version.

darthmunky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so I have the newest version now and everything is running from SD. The custom path menu is now on page 3 but those three buttons are still not there. and it made a config folder on my HDD.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I don't know then.

When I click on Theme line, it open the folder explorer.
If you don't have the middle button, maybe it doesn't detect your SD card.

USBLoader_GX_ScreenShot-Aug1023350211.png

USBLoader_GX_ScreenShot-Aug1023345211.png

darthmunky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine looks just like that but instead of a middle button, there's an empty space.

It seems that it works with 2GB SD cards but not 4GB ones. I tried many different SD cards and it always works in the 2 gig ones and never in the 4 gig ones. I guess I'll have to use the 2gb but now I can't have all my roms on it.

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
darthmunky, the problem resides in pixel resolution not matching from cfg. file default settings to your monitor/screen/etc..
i have been using usb-loader gx for some time on the wii now, buttons and many others seem like there not there, yet they are,
also been using this loader for most of my modding purposes, usb-loader gx is really great but still has many many problems and bugs i have
came across many over the years and such also i have came across memory card emulation bugs for the gamecube using nintendont-*full*-setting,
sometimes they work sometimes they don't, when they don't best just to restart it, only luck i have had but for the most part, usb-loader gx is by far the best..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and yes im sorry to all if this reply is like super late lol please be kind guys just trying to clear some known issues and possibly they will update the usb-loader gx
program/app for the wii modded, but its only guys like us that wont know until we try it ya know?..

Lud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same here:
I have a little problem here with USB Loader GX. In the custom path it only see my SD Card, i'm wondering why i can't change it to my USB ?
I'm on a vWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm