Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Raul83 said:
To the people that experience lag, does it happen while in swords duel in WS resort? Like when you are moving it, the sword stops moving for a sec so that the next swings become clumsy? Just curious. (WBFS/ WesternD. rev21)

I sometimes get a brief hiccup when throwing the frisbee with both rev 20 & rev 21 (& a quick blip in Guitar Hero sometimes) so I've gone back to Hermes v5 with 222 base 38 for everything except games with instruments for which I use v4 223 base 37+38 merged and it's perfect. I can't see any significant advantages from rev21 in terms of speed or compatibility for just playing games from USB loading.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This rev so far improved USB compatability. Now CFG USB Loader v61(171libogc) + cIOS249@base IOS 58 wil have no problems at all detecting three drives which had issues before.

Thank you Waninkoko!

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
haven't visited the scene in a while .. :

- is it still not possible atm to USB-load MP Trilogy w/o alt-dol ?

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dispel said:
haven't visited the scene in a while .. :

Not with normal USB-Loaders. It does work with Sneek though.

xxbeanxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dispel said:

Wiiflow implements a wdm so you don't have to mess around with extracting the dols yourself (it loads them directly from the game image). You can just choose the game you want right before the game loads. Technically it is still alt-dol, I guess..but you don't have to mess around with configuring anything special to get it working.

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a general consensus on the best base to use? I think the
Last one was 56? I'm going to try this later today.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
xxbeanxx said:
Dispel said:

Wiiflow implements a wdm so you don't have to mess around with extracting the dols yourself (it loads them directly from the game image). You can just choose the game you want right before the game loads. Technically it is still alt-dol, I guess..but you don't have to mess around with configuring anything special to get it working.
But you still can't change the difficulty and use the Multiplayer with alt-dol. Like said before, SNEEK does the job fine, and the possibility that the IOS-Reload will be fixed with a cIOS is near 0%. I don't think that the cIOS can get any better, besides some bug fixes.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxbeanxx said:
This is also the case with Configurable USB Loader. Also, to answer your previous question about Metroid Prime Trilogy not working with Hermes' IOS, I am unable to test that out at the moment. However, I see no reason why it wouldn't work with Waninkoko's rev19 without controller lag.

Gassy said:
is there a general consensus on the best base to use? I think the
Last one was 56? I'm going to try this later today.
Yes, IOS56 is still the best base to use with cIOS249. IOS57 is a good base to have on standby as cIOS250 for games like Black Ops. From what I've heard, this gives you 99-100% coverage.

EDIT

QUOTE(Blue-K @ Dec 28 2010, 09:05 AM)
But you still can't change the difficulty and use the Multiplayer with alt-dol. Like said before, SNEEK does the job fine, and the possibility that the IOS-Reload will be fixed with a cIOS is near 0%. I don't think that the cIOS can get any better, besides some bug fixes.
There are cheat codes available in order to change the difficulty level.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, 99% is more realistic than 100%.
There are a dozen of games out there not working with usb loader because of ios reloading.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
xxbeanxx said:
Dispel said:

That may be so, but can't any good USB Loader these days disable IOS reloading?

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Short answer: no, it cannot
wink2.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any hope of this cIOS ability to play ISO Forwarders from USB Loaders? Tried base [36][56][38] but only rev17 works with ISO forwarders atm. Is there any way to swap which triiforce rev ISO forwarders use? cause the default is rev78 and i tried swapping with another version MRC with no success
frown.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't look good kylster. i assume its the way it is handled in the cios. it may be a simple change to the forwarders, but i don't really know, never got that in depth with them.

i too would like to get an updated 249, but 17 is the way to go (and its not that bad really).

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Raul83 said:
To the people that experience lag, does it happen while in swords duel in WS resort? Like when you are moving it, the sword stops moving for a sec so that the next swings become clumsy? Just curious. (WBFS/ WesternD. rev21)

No, for me it just happens on Rock Band 3 and Guitar Hero 5. Everything else is good.

I don't think it's the drive because how would that explain those games above playing lag free on Hermes v5. If Hermes can get the SDHC working, it would be perfect.

netspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justmike said:
Raul83 said:

No, for me it just happens on Rock Band 3 and Guitar Hero 5. Everything else is good.

I don't think it's the drive because how would that explain those games above playing lag free on Hermes v5. If Hermes can get the SDHC working, it would be perfect.

It's the same for me (WD My Passport 320 Gb). And the lag also disappears with Hermes (but no SDHC support, unfortunately, as justmike said).

BBogey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Raul83 said:
Yes it happens for me as well, also with other games.

Games load fine, but controller / game freezes for split second every now and then with Wanikoko cIOS rev20 and rewv21. During the freeze hard disk led makes some more flashes.

It's easily also noticed for example in Wii Sports Resort Canoeing. Controller freezes and gets unstable about 2-3 times during the one minute race. When keeping the remote still for a while it will be ok, but after a while it happens again. I have three motion plus inside remotes, and all have the same issue. Could it be related to Motion plus, i.e. having more i/o traffic?

With original disc, Wanikoko ciosx rev19 or with Hermes IOS v4/v5.1 Sports Resorts works without any freezes / hiccups.

I have tested with 16GB Transcend SD card using generic SDHC USB card reader, and Wanikokos rev20 and rev21 works just fine. So the problem seems to be with my Hard drive and Wanikokos cIOS compatibility.

HW:
Red Wii (new super mario edition)
Lacie Rikiki 500GB USB 3.0 with 130GB FAT32 partition for the games, rest NTFS
SD: Sandisk Ultra II 2GB

SW:
System Menu 4.3e
CFG- USBloader r62

Tested cioses

Working fine:
Hermes- cIOS222[38]-v4, cIOS223[37-38]-v4,cIOS224[57]-v5.1, cIOSX249[57]-v19

Hiccups / freezes:
Wanikoko- cIOS247[37]-v20, IOS248[56]-v20, cIOS250[57]-v20, cIOS249[57]-v21

Edit: I just tested with cIOSX249[57]-v19 and it works OK!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock