Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is but you can't extract it from the wii or the game which is why people are asking for it .

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know all I know is that people are having a hard time finding the wad thing.Pm for a hint.

pk!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Until a new version, I give up dvd dumper >.<
I've tried IOS37 from two different sources;
Format my SD on FAT and FAT32;
Original GC and WII Games.

The max speed I have is 0.1 megabytes in each 2 minutes.

Waninkoko, please help us.

hippyharry

Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
EDIT: me installing this cIOS, just so u can see how easy it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVezf4Lu_ys

by waninkoko
links removed by staff

custom IOS uninstaller

links removed by staff

it seems you need the IOS37 update, i have no idea where to get this if anyone knows please tell.

It says here you need the IOS37 update. Now, when ive seen someone ask a stupid question, they are usually either sent to the stickies, or they are sent to google.com

Ill be honest, it took me the matter of about 10 seconds to find that damn file using google. So, why not shurrup on here asking for it, and just google it. Its so simple!

Anyway, im at work, cant do much with it here, but i sure will give it a go tonight, but not sure if i will see much use out of it since i already have a modchip within it.

Im sure its a sign of good things to come here.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would really do anything for you since you have a modchip.it's really for those who don't have a modchip.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
So, yeah. Wow, this is news. Waitttt...I have two wiis.
biggrin.gif
One will have soon custom soft soon I think.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
hope this also leads to wii menu translation for jap wiis

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm yeah once again a crappy discussion with everyone assuming stuff without testing/knowing...

Sorry to shatter your dreams but I am very sure (even so I cannot test it because I have a modded Wii)
that this patched IOS (don't call it custom - it is patched...) cannot read burnt DVDs on an unmodded Wii.
And as far as I know waninkoko hasn't make that claim...

This IOS let's your read unencrypted DVDs (in case you have a modded Wii). That is basically the same
patch as nitrotux's Wii disc dumper. It removes the read limit of the uncrypted read function to have access to the
complete disc. Otherwise the Wii will always decrypt the read data which will obviously result in corrupted data
if the data isn't encrypted in the first place.
So all you can do with this patched IOS is reading gensis roms from an burnt DVD on a modded Wii.

(FYI in the youtube video the disc shows up as unknown in the disc channel because it is neither encrypted nor a Wii/GC game...)

And stop asking about a customized System menu. The system menu and IOS are two completely different things!
The IOS is never something visible it just provides some APIs and functions that applications like the system menu can use...

EDIT: I almost forgot: A burnt disc is rejected by the DVD drive not by the Wii's software. So the only way to read a
burnt disc is to patch the DVD drive's RAM. And since there is no interface that any Wii software can access that connects to
the drive RAM there is simply no possibility to make burnt discs work without a hardware modification...

Kairi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that unmodified wii's cannot load roms off a burnt dvd with the modified gensplus after installing the patched IOS. Excitement took over my rational thinking to expect this to work on non modified wii's.

Kairi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can be very usefull if you have a modified wii think whole romsets on a dvd, or maybe in time the ability to read dvd movies. And who knows what the other features are, that he has in store!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Kairi said:
Can be very usefull if you have a modified wii think whole romsets on a dvd, or maybe in time the ability to read dvd movies. And who knows what the other features are, that he has in store!
dry.gif
The bad thing is, one of my wiis (that could have this mod) have broken laser, so dvd part is useless to me. Second wii have laser good, but I won't install it there, just because this is the wii I'm using always...and I have to have one wii with unchagned things...
wink2.gif

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some news for you people... this custom IOS is illegal, full stop. Wanky uses copyrighted Nintendo code for it. To quote marcan directly:

QUOTE said:
waninkoko officially failed with his patch. he included 2MB of Nintendo code in it because he slapped some random code together and doesn't understand encryption, IOW, it's completely illegal, with or without the original IOS37 wad.

Might want to get it taken down ASAP before... say, Nintendo find out. Reported to moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.