ROM Hack Custom Homebrew Mystery Gifts/News for Pokemon III

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder upon the possibility on making some type of .gba file that allows you to make your own Mystery Gift events, ranging from giving event Pokemon through activating events (for example, the Old Sea Map) to even messing with the Altering Cave and maybe even beyond. Then again, while the idea is based on the distribution cartridges that we see dumped from the 4th Generation of Pokemon (for example, the infamous 2008 Deoxys Cartridge), I am also considering the possibilities of the e-Reader (of which I read that a few are showing a separate interest) or the Wireless adapter.

Right now I am not doing any actual hacking; I am just curious towards the hurdles and necessities towards such a task. I am more interested in the actual exploitation of the Mystery Gift/Event features of these game (so I know that one can just hack/cheat to get a legendary).

D

Deleted-236924

Use an e-Reader rom with an Eon Ticket save file to transfer over the Eon Ticket to Ruby/Sapphire.
Then mix records with Emerald to get Eon Ticket on Emerald.

To get the other event items, use the AR codes from Morfeo on a different save file, then send the Wondercard over to your save file. (You'll need two wireless adapters OR VBA Link.)

No one botherered researching into distribution carts for the GBA because it's not worth it.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have to do a lot of reverse engineering, since no dumps of the mystery gift carts exist.

Pokemon at Altering Cave (besides what we know theoretically can be there) is probably impossible.
E-Reader? Now you're speaking my language. Please let me know if you find out how to decrypt E-Cards. Looking at "Nintendo e-Reader Pokémon Editor (WIP)" on this page seems to prove it is possible. I can't find any contact information for the creator, Firefly / Tim Schuerewegen. If you find an email or something and contact him he might be able to help you and I find out how exactly one decrypts E-Cards. Caitsith2.net also has E-Reader info.
Wireless adapter is probably similar to any other mystery gift stuff. See if you can prove if the wireless adapter was ever used for mystery gift at Nintendo events.

Hm... decrypting the EON ticket E-Card might allow you to use E-Cards to distribute any item (or at least any mystery event item) in that manner. Pointless? Yes. Awesome? For me, yes. E-Cards also can be used for fighting new trainers. Mostly pointless, I would say. Probably easy to make your own trainers if you ever decrypt the damn cards.

Info about the Altering Cave, for those who don't know:
QUOTE said:
The Altering Cave is found in Pokémon FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald. Only Zubat can be found in this cave, but it is possible for the Altering Cave's wild Pokémon to be altered by using Mystery Gift at a Wonder Spot hosted by Nintendo. Despite this, no country has ever held an event to make use of this hidden feature.

Pingouin7 said:
No one botherered researching into distribution carts for the GBA because it's not worth it.
I agree. You can try decrypting the normal Pokemon carts and seeing what you can find, but you're fighting a very uphill battle. Full-fledged hackers would probably have difficulty doing what you want to do.

D

Deleted-236924

W hat said:
Hm... decrypting the EON ticket E-Card might allow you to use E-Cards to distribute any item (or at least any mystery event item) in that manner. Pointless? Yes. Awesome? For me, yes.
I think this would be impossible.

Ruby and Sapphire only have Eon Ticket, and there is a card for that.
FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald have MysticTicket and Aurora Ticket (Old Sea Map as well for Emerald.)

The problem is that the e-Reader card is supposed to distribute the Ticket via Mystery Events in R/S.
However, FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald only have Mystery Gift, which can only communicate with wireless hotspots, as far as I know.

Our best bet for distributing the other event-only items would be those AR codes from Morfeo.
(Even then, we'd have to translate them into English since those are in Spanish; they work fine on English games though.)

If we were to distribute any item, we probably would not be able to receive more than one item.
When you receive the Eon Ticket, it sets a flag in the save file that tells the e-Reader whether or not that save file received the Eon Ticket.
If you receive, say, a Rare Candy from a hacked Eon Ticket card, it would probably set the flag as well, which would prevent you from receiving anything else.
It might be possible to make it so the card doesn't enable any flag, depending on how the flag is set.

If the card itself activates the flag, then it might be possible.
If the game itself adds the flag when you receive the item, then don't even think about it unless you find a way to hack the rom on the cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: