Custom Guitar Hero Maker

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by noobwarrior7, Nov 3, 2008.

Nov 3, 2008

Custom Guitar Hero Maker by noobwarrior7 at 4:57 PM (1,959 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. noobwarrior7
    OP

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I can't seem to get it right, so my two questions are as follows:

1) Is there any work on a toolset with a nice GUI that offers an all-in-one sort of creation deal?

2) Is there actually anyone who, If I gave them decent tracklist and had no intention of rushing them, would consider making one such request in their spare time?

thanks in advance for constructive responses.

2. Luriden

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56998

That should have everything you need. Download the GH3 tool package from there and use Varneymi GH3 Song Importer GUI. Follow the instructions on that page, and use Feedback to sync up any songs you download that may be out of sync.

I seriously doubt anyone would make one for you though... It's a long process, I don't even have the patience to make one for myself.

3. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I agree, it seems it's a hell of a job, and very time consuming, expecially since you can use something like frets on fire on your PC and just add whatever songs you fancy the most.
    And there are ways to use GH3 Wii guitar on the PC with some bluetooth applications, or even the PS2 guitar if using an adapter.

4. Luriden

United States
    Not sure about the Wii guitar, but I'm sure the PS2 guitar will work. I know for a fact the 360 guitar will work, as I've tried that with Frets On Fire. To be honest, I don't like Frets On Fire at all, nor do I like Guitarfun. There's just something missing... I guess I just like the Guitar Hero interface better. That and songs never seem to sync up how they should, even when Feedback shows the sync is perfect.

There's an application due out later this month called TheGHOST which is supposed to make custom Wii GH discs MUCH easier. It'll be an all in one application where you simply load the songs and this one program takes care of everything, whereas the current "easiest" method with the GUI I recommended in an earlier post just launches other applications automatically that you still need to configure. It just makes things more complicated rather than easier, since half the time one of those applications isn't going to be doing what you want it to do and you'll spend too much time trying to figure out why. Then once you've got that taken care of, one of the other ten applications will fuck up on you (and if you're using Vista, that's a guarentee). It's just more trouble than it's worth honestly.

5. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I am wondering if there ever will be a way to hack GTWT to recognize and use FOF songs stored on an SD.
    It would be cool if we could use our favorites songs with GHWT, it has a nice quickplay option where you can set a list of songs to play seeming less between the ones on the disc and the ones downloaded and stored on the SD, if anybody could actually hack those and change the files........

6. Luriden

United States
    That is definitely a possibility. People are currently looking into modifying the DLC content that's saved to SD. I think later on down the road we might have a way of modifying the tracks stored in the DLC save just as you would with the tracks on the GH3 disc. It might not happen any time soon, but that would be way more convenient and faster than modifying the content on the disc itself.