da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@kirbymaster101
For bnr files you need showmiiwads or any u8 tools. This is really much more complicated than using customiizemii.
Moreover all games are available in both wad and bnr forms, so just grab the wad and switch the sound.

If you need more info on how to extract and edit bnr files please let me know and I'll make a more detailed post with visual cues :)
I downloaded some sublaoder gx gc banner animations but I want to change the sound of them. I converted all the sounds I wanted to use to .wav. Now I just need to know how to insert the .wav files into the .bnr files.

An alternative method would be inserting a the .wavs into the wads and converting the wads to bnr which I also need help with.

BTW do you knwo how to play 2 disc games like tgales of Symphonia. Like should I change each folder to "GQSEAF1" and "GQSEAF2" or put disc1 and disc2 files in one folder called "GQSEAF"
This is from the tutorial on first page too:
"For GX banners extract the new wad with new sound to a folder with any tool that can do the job (I use showmiiwads for this - open folder containing the wad - right click wad file and use extract to folder)
rename 00000000.app file to id3.bnr depending the game's ID and copy the bnr file to the banner cache folder"

Sorry about 2 disc files, I have not used this feature yet, but you can post in GX thread for help.
Abz

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@kirbymaster101
For bnr files you need showmiiwads or any u8 tools. This is really much more complicated than using customiizemii.
Moreover all games are available in both wad and bnr forms, so just grab the wad and switch the sound.

If you need more info on how to extract and edit bnr files please let me know and I'll make a more detailed post with visual cues :)
I downloaded some sublaoder gx gc banner animations but I want to change the sound of them. I converted all the sounds I wanted to use to .wav. Now I just need to know how to insert the .wav files into the .bnr files.

An alternative method would be inserting a the .wavs into the wads and converting the wads to bnr which I also need help with.

BTW do you knwo how to play 2 disc games like tgales of Symphonia. Like should I change each folder to "GQSEAF1" and "GQSEAF2" or put disc1 and disc2 files in one folder called "GQSEAF"
"For GX banners extract the new wad with new sound to a folder with any tool that can do the job (I use showmiiwads for this - open folder containing the wad - right click wad file and use extract to folder)
rename 00000000.app file to id3.bnr depending the game's ID and copy the bnr file to the banner cache folder"

Sorry about 2 disc files, I have not used this feature yet, but you can post in GX thread for help.
Abz
thnak you for replying but thats just it. what new wad? i only have a bnr file on me.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@kirbymaster101

Abz
thnak you for replying but thats just it. what new wad? i only have a bnr file on me.
just grab the wads from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ub3xhbr8c24c4

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If anybody is interested, I just commited r25 and r26 of my booter, changes:

-changed pretty much the whole code, cleaned it up and made it faster, more structured
-fixed codedump on sd to usb device change
-added proper license headers to code
-included libfat now into source, using libcustomfat from gx
-using another devicemounter code now, based on wiiflows and gx one
-using memory code of wiiflow instead of default libogc one
-dont deinit usb device on unmount (dios-mios should hook up the device much faster now)
Please test it :)

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

-changed pretty much the whole code, cleaned it up and made it faster, more structured
-dont deinit usb device on unmount (dios-mios should hook up the device much faster now)

I just tried out R26 and its a lot slower compared to R22 channel from LWares87 i was using.

Not sure if its on my end though or not.

I took the boot.dol from R26 and LWares87 channel wad and i used customizemii to replace to boot.dol file in it with the new one.
All i did was change the boot.dol and then i made the wad then installed it with a wad manager program.

Once it does load it does show that its R26 but like i said it does take longer to boot up and i can see the hard drive light blinking like the channel is accessing it before loading anything.

The channel did code dump with a DSI error on me one time though.

Did i make the wad correctly?

I'm not sure exactly how LWares87 was updating his but i assume its the same method.

EDIT : If you want i can upload the wad channel that i made and see if it behaves the same for you.

Once i get a chance i will try just the dios mios booter through the homebrew channel and see how it compares in speed.

EDIT #2 : I tried out dios mios booter through the HBC with the app on my hard drive. Loading time was the same as through the channel i made.
Also note that one time it didn't even load at all. I saw my hard drive being accessed by the blinking lights on it and then the light quit blinking and the screen just stayed black until i turned the wii off then back on.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

Thanks Fix it looks much faster and pretty stable here, will wait for a while though before updating the channels until further testing is done :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
7 forwarder channels are now available
Also homebrew app folder is updated to v26 with a new icon
ftzpz7.jpg

Homebrew app: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2c7d7eteb57twta

Previews:
2rrv1uo.jpg

DM Booter Forwarder Dark - DMLF
062712_2053_fwnew1.jpg

DM Booter Channel Dark Red - DMLF
062712_2053_fwnew2.jpg

DM Booter Forwarder DM Logo - DMLF & DM Booter Forwarder NGC Logo - DMLF
062712_2053_fwnew3.jpg

DM Booter Channel Light DM v2 - DMLF
062712_2053_fwnew4.jpg

DM Booter Channel Light NGC v2 - DMLF
062712_2053_fwnew5.jpg

DM Booter Channel DM USB HDD - DMLF
062712_2053_fwnew6.jpg
Forwarders Mediafire folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?j49gvk1tgwmfg

Hope you like it :)
Abz

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
7 r26 channels folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?j7153z523db16

Previews (same as forwarders above)
DM Booter Forwarder Dark - DMLF
062712_2053_fwnew1.jpg

DM Booter Channel Dark Red - DMLF
062712_2053_fwnew2.jpg

DM Booter Forwarder DM Logo - DMLF & DM Booter Forwarder NGC Logo - DMLF
062712_2053_fwnew3.jpg

DM Booter Channel Light DM v2 - DMLF
062712_2053_fwnew4.jpg

DM Booter Channel Light NGC v2 - DMLF
062712_2053_fwnew5.jpg

DM Booter Channel DM USB HDD - DMLF
062712_2053_fwnew6.jpg

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The next big step for DML Booter is to make a GUI GC emulator for the Wii.
Given that:
1. GX has already added banner support using mitschwanznegger and banner player as a base
2. A standalone txt based booter (i.e. DM Booter) is present and working great
3. All GC banners are available online as direct links

Recommendation: create "The Cube"
An easy, simple, straightforward GUI GC Emulator with banner support based on the above work,
This emulator can be distributed as a channel (wad) or homebrew app will create just 1 setting file on USB or SD (like DM booter) and 1 banner-cache folder
Will download all available banners automatically
And run GC games using whichever DM/DML version is present

Keeping it simple and user friendly will be the key to success.

Hope to hear some feedback.
ABZ
:)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
[quote timestamp='1341070829' post='4290503']
The next big step for DML Booter is to make a GUI GC emulator for the Wii.
Given that:
1. GX has already added banner support using mitschwanznegger and banner player as a base
2. A standalone txt based booter (i.e. DM Booter) is present and working great
3. All GC banners are available online as direct links

Recommendation: create "The Cube"
An easy, simple, straightforward GUI GC Emulator with banner support based on the above work,
This emulator can be distributed as a channel (wad) or homebrew app will create just 1 setting file on USB or SD (like DM booter) and 1 banner-cache folder
Will download all available banners automatically
And run GC games using whichever DM/DML version is present

Keeping it simple and user friendly will be the key to success.

Hope to hear some feedback.
ABZ
:)
[/quote]
It might take ages but as they say: "The 10000 miles journey starts with a tiny small step"
moreover no one will start from scratch, most of the work is already out there.
Goodnight

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've always imagined the idea since DML/DM came into existence for someone to create a GUI based off of the actual NGC IPL, but with more extensive options (e.g. manage saves from both virtual & actual memory cards without the need to use gci2nmm).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY