Hacking Custom Firmware Update

gonzab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I have a PSP which I bought 2nd hand and it already was modded with a custom firmware. How can I check which CFW it has and how to update it? Also, is it possible that some game backups don't run because of me not having an updated CFW?

Tried to look over all these questions in the guides around here but they didn't help, so I decided asking here, so thanks in advance guys.

gonzab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously, read the fucking stickies.
Thanks for the help.

Anyway, my PSP says it's on the 6.60 PRO CFW. First thing: I don't load anything when I turn on the console. I just turn it on and play games in the SD Card and that's it, I don't do anything unlike what the guide says would happen if I have that CFW version.

Second thing, I don't get this part:

Launch the version of the PRO updater/installer that's currently installed and press Triangle to uninstall it. If you're on 6.20 and the permanent patch is installed it will be automatically installed.

If I need to press Triangle I take it I have to launch that on the PSP menu, and my question is, how do I do that? I have no idea where I can access that updater/installer through the PSP menu.

That's basicaly the two questions I have, and the reason I started a thread about this, I've been on GBATemp for a long time and I know that the first thing you do is read the stickies, which I did. Nonetheless I still had some questions so here I am.

Thanks again for the help!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Don't press triangle and uninstall the cfw. You're already on PRO 6.60 and it's excellent.

If you turn off your system completely, you'll need to run the 'Fast Recovery' file to restore the hack to an active state. It came with your PRO download package. If you don't have it, redownload at http://filetrip.net/...b10-f26571.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-