Custom Firmware Update

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by gonzab, May 29, 2012.

May 29, 2012

Custom Firmware Update by gonzab at 1:48 AM (622 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. gonzab
    OP

Member gonzab GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Hi guys, I have a PSP which I bought 2nd hand and it already was modded with a custom firmware. How can I check which CFW it has and how to update it? Also, is it possible that some game backups don't run because of me not having an updated CFW?

Tried to look over all these questions in the guides around here but they didn't help, so I decided asking here, so thanks in advance guys.

2. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    Seriously, read the fucking stickies.

3. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    Go to System Settings-->System Information for your Official Firmware and Custom Firmware.

You want to be on 6.20 or greater and running PRO firmware. This guide (stickie) will help you with that:
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/293978-how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp/

2 people like this.
  4. gonzab
    OP

Portugal
    Thanks for the help.

Anyway, my PSP says it's on the 6.60 PRO CFW. First thing: I don't load anything when I turn on the console. I just turn it on and play games in the SD Card and that's it, I don't do anything unlike what the guide says would happen if I have that CFW version.

Second thing, I don't get this part:

If I need to press Triangle I take it I have to launch that on the PSP menu, and my question is, how do I do that? I have no idea where I can access that updater/installer through the PSP menu.

That's basicaly the two questions I have, and the reason I started a thread about this, I've been on GBATemp for a long time and I know that the first thing you do is read the stickies, which I did. Nonetheless I still had some questions so here I am.

Thanks again for the help!

5. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    Don't press triangle and uninstall the cfw. You're already on PRO 6.60 and it's excellent.

If you turn off your system completely, you'll need to run the 'Fast Recovery' file to restore the hack to an active state. It came with your PRO download package. If you don't have it, redownload at http://filetrip.net/...b10-f26571.html

6. gonzab
    OP

Portugal
    Okay then, great, I'll leave it be. Thanks once again for the help and sorry to bother you.