Custom firmware questions.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SirGray, Jan 31, 2014.

1. SirGray
    OP

SirGray GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    United States
    Hello everyone, Was thinking about possibly getting someone to downgrade my ps3 and put the latest custom rogero cfw onto it. But how does one normally play downloaded games?

For instance I am really interesting in playing The last of us.
    Would I burn it to a blu-ray disc or use an external drive?
    or would I need to install to the internal Hdd on my ps3? in that case I only have 80 gbs which is not that much space.

2. xcrimsonstormx

xcrimsonstormx He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    You can burn PS3 Games to Blu-Ray discs, but it's highly impractical because of how expensive the discs are. The best method in my opinion is to use a program called PSN Stuff. It allows you to download PSN content onto your computer which you will then have to either FTP it over to your PS3 or copy onto a Hard drive, then install it onto your PS3. Now the downside to this is that it has to be installed via internal which is very difficult especially since you have only 80GB. Plus The Last of Us is an internal game only because I'e played it, and tried both torrent and PSNStuff it only works via Internal. Anyways here is a link to PSN Stuff it's a fairly straight forward program you shnt have much trouble using it. Link

Note: You will also need ReactPSN to activate the games which the instructions are in the link.
    FYI: The Last of Us is a 30GB game one of the bigger games, but definitely worth playing.
    Good Luck!

3. SirGray
    OP

SirGray GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    United States
    Thank you for the information sir.

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    You can optionally remove any language file you don't need.
    I did that with Uncharted 3, being 45 GB
    Managed to strip close to 30 GB of 3D videos and languages I don't speak nor use.

So search around on the web on how to delete certain games their language files.
    It does save you a lot of space.

Also, get a 500/1TB internal drive.
    It really helps a lot.

xcrimsonstormx likes this.
  5. xcrimsonstormx

xcrimsonstormx He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    No Problem!