MolotovC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bushing said:
sidneyyoung said:
C'mon Waninkoko you might as well release the full 'shabang'.... bushing's going to try to close the hole up anyhow, he's blowing the 'taddle' whistle as hard as he can.

the 'shabang' is a lie

LoL you made ?bushing? post. Well done sir.
grog.gif

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even if this allows you to read some ROMs off of a DVD, I still see almost no use what so ever.
If we could use a SD card for it, I still see no use for a DVD.

The application needs to be on the SD card, I think you only save space by not using that version.

nBrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So.. if you pacth an iso with the IOS patcher to version 249, will it run on a unmodded Wii? It seems to make sense but then again... if it was possible, this news would have be made worldwide right after it was released.. anyone can explain why it will or wont work?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rslootjes said:
So.. if you pacth an iso with the IOS patcher to version 249, will it run on a unmodded Wii? It seems to make sense but then again... if it was possible, this news would have be made worldwide right after it was released.. anyone can explain why it will or wont work?

The drive checks the disc before it allows anything through.

This IOS unlocks support on the software end, but the drive still poses an issue.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Condukt365 said:
djcraze said:
His description of the mod is inaccurate..

QUOTE said:
Waninkoko has released the first Custom Firmware for the Nintendo Wii and also the first emulator to read Writeable DVDs on an unmodified Wii, heres all the details you need to know:

It's not an emulator... nor does it read DVDs on an unmodified Wiis.. Your wii needs a modchip to read DVDs, even with this Mod.. Or so, I'm almost 98% sure of this. Someone correct me if im wrong.
Waninkoko has released a version of Genesis Plus that can read information off a standard DVD-R with the use of this custom IOS.
Doesn't change the fact that a drivechip is needed to read that disk.

g002ahe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you are correct
Perhaps the new cIOS / genplus does not let you read DVD-r unless you have a modchip
I have installed/burned and it does not work for me - (no modchip)
(The other enhancements to genplus are good though

nBrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So.. what CAN you do with the IOSv37 rev02 then? I just dont understand what it makes available and how. Can anyone explain me?

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It does absolutely nothing now.
You can dump DVDs which I see almost no use in, as you can either borrow or download.

And you can play a GenPlus emulator which reads ROMs off a DVD. Which is useless.

Rev2 just doesn't use copyrighted code.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jm9760 said:
But what does having this custom firmware (any rev) actually do at all?
he just told you... it stops dvd-recordables from being blocked, tho it does not allow backups on recordables to be booted. so it's just for emulators that they can access a dvd-r for roms, without a modchip

jincongz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... if someone made a Saturn emulator, this would save our arses? I mean, the wii only supports up to 2gb SDs, no?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get this straight.... If I install this firmware (which I already have), will I be able to load roms, to the updated Genesis emulator, from a DVD (here's the key part) WITHOUT a modchip? I keep reading elsewhere that you had to have a modchip to access that feature.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought. I have the HBC but no modchip so I'm one of the few who are waiting on a softmod solution. I just wanted to be sure so that I don't give my hopes up
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1