Hacking Current Flashcards working with the 3DS + Pictures!

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
rochet said:
Im looking at these cards and am on the fence... I don't have a dsi no more, however have a 3ds preorder and would like to have a flashcart ready even if it can only play ds at the time. However i hope it can play 3ds in the future. However if I am reading things right some of the flashcarts u need a dsi to update the firmware first in order to make it work on the 3ds, and since I don't have a dsi I cannot do that. Thats from what I gathered with the acekard2i firmware 1.4.1. I might be wrongs. However what card would be the best with updates and compatibility which works with 3ds without have to use a dsi in order to update the carts. If im wrong please clear this up and still give me a cart recommendation, i think i like acekard2i.
You don't know anyone else with a DS or DSi? Updating only takes a few minutes.

rochet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
rochet said:
Im looking at these cards and am on the fence... I don't have a dsi no more, however have a 3ds preorder and would like to have a flashcart ready even if it can only play ds at the time. However i hope it can play 3ds in the future. However if I am reading things right some of the flashcarts u need a dsi to update the firmware first in order to make it work on the 3ds, and since I don't have a dsi I cannot do that. Thats from what I gathered with the acekard2i firmware 1.4.1. I might be wrongs. However what card would be the best with updates and compatibility which works with 3ds without have to use a dsi in order to update the carts. If im wrong please clear this up and still give me a cart recommendation, i think i like acekard2i.
You don't know anyone else with a DS or DSi? Updating only takes a few minutes.
Unfortunately no..

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
Yes, it should work, but just know that R4 clones like that R4i Gold have veyr limited support, and few features comapred to Acekard and the like. If you want cheap, I'd advise Acekard 2i, it's $14 at gameplayfun.com, which doesn't sell clones and is a USA based retailer (as opposed to the normal China), and you'll also get much more features, and a much better development team.

LOLWUT? The ShopTemp Profile says it is China based... >_>

ON TOPIC: I suggest the Acekard 2i or the DSTWO. DSTWO if you have the money, AK2i if you want one cheap.

DSTWO is THE BEST right now. Nothing beats superior SNES & GBA emulators on top of near perfect rom compatibility.

@boudincaca: SAUCE or it did not happen.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Xuphor said:
Yes, it should work, but just know that R4 clones like that R4i Gold have veyr limited support, and few features comapred to Acekard and the like. If you want cheap, I'd advise Acekard 2i, it's $14 at gameplayfun.com, which doesn't sell clones and is a USA based retailer (as opposed to the normal China), and you'll also get much more features, and a much better development team.

doyama said:
Ssseth said:
So if I'm just going for cheap, will this one work on a 3DS (for DS mode games)? I never realized there were so many versions of R4 out there, it's a bit confusing. I gather by the description it does support micro SDHC cards, although it calls that GOLD support for some reason?

To be honest stay away from the R4 and its clones. They don't generally have firmware updater so the next firmware update Nintendo puts out you'll be screwed.

I'd recommend in order of increasing cost, Acekard2i, SuperCard DS2, iEvolution. All these cards are currently well supported and have updateable bootloaders so you should be safe from future firmware updates.

QUOTE(Vigilante @ Mar 9 2011, 01:48 AM)
Before we know there will be like a thousand 3DS flashcart mostly clones in the market.
Exactly why I don't want to waste my money on a flashcart I'm most likely only going to use for a month or two and then toss.

D

Deleted_171835

Or you could just consult my 3DS Hacking FAQ.
dry.gif

SoulSnatcher said:
  • Q: Do existing DS flashcarts work on the 3DS?
    A - Five flashcarts have been confirmed to work with an update. Those flashcarts are the Acekard 2i, R4IDSN, M3i Zero, Supercard DSONEi and the Supercard DSTWO. The CycloDS iEvolution is the only known flashcart that works without an update. More flashcarts are going to be working in the near future as all reflashable DSi compatible flashcarts are able to support DSmode on the 3DS. As of now, the 3DS doesn't work with the below flashcarts.1
  • R4 DS
  • EZ-Flash Vi
To be frank, this thread is pointless.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
SoulSnatcher said:

WOAH!
you surely can't be saying that users should read before making topic after topic asking the same thing over and over with worse and worse grammar!

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
dry.gif

SoulSnatcher said:
    A - Five flashcarts have been confirmed to work with an update. Those flashcarts are the Acekard 2i, R4IDSN, M3i Zero, Supercard DSONEi and the Supercard DSTWO. The CycloDS iEvolution is the only known flashcart that works without an update. More flashcarts are going to be working in the near future as all reflashable DSi compatible flashcarts are able to support DSmode on the 3DS. As of now, the 3DS doesn't work with the below flashcarts.1
  • R4 DS
  • EZ-Flash Vi

And when did you last update the list of working flashcarts in your FAQ?
Your list still only shows five of them, so keep it up to date of STFU.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
SoulSnatcher said:
dry.gif

SoulSnatcher said:
  • R4 DS
  • EZ-Flash Vi

Oh yea because he is here 24/7.
rolleyes.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
spiritofcat said:
SoulSnatcher said:

rolleyes.gif
If he had time to come and bitch about this topic being pointless then he had time to update his own FAQ, but he didn't do it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
KingVamp said:
spiritofcat said:
SoulSnatcher said:

rolleyes.gif
If he had time to come and bitch about this topic being pointless then he had time to update his own FAQ, but he didn't do it.
He did a quick one and not full update at this time because he got something called a life.

D

Deleted_171835

spiritofcat said:
learntoread
The list has six flashcarts.
Also, calm down.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As an ex R4i user, I recently ordered the AceKard 2i. It is TREMENDOUSLY better, and I definately say to get it even if you already have R4i

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xuphor said:
As an ex R4i user, I recently ordered the AceKard 2i. It is TREMENDOUSLY better, and I definately say to get it even if you already have R4i

That is correct, AK2i is much better, and u will like it much more..

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm awesome cause im the first one to post the EX4i 3ds thing, Oops did i say that out loud
Well, Lol i wonder what the hell nintendo will do, but if what they said about the logging and bricking is true, i be pissed, i dont want to risk my DStwo
ohnoes.png
I might go legit....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs