Hacking Current DSi flashcarts working with European DSi

nizmow

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just to toss this in, just got my Acekard 2i to go with my DSi I picked up this morning in Sydney, Australia. Flashed to latest firmware, standard Acekard 2 firmware and works just fine. Party!

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question - Does using ANY online feature ask you to update? I know about the Store, but what if you're playing, say Mario Kart DS online? Or what about the DSi Browser?

nizmow

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
G2K said:
Question - Does using ANY online feature ask you to update? I know about the Store, but what if you're playing, say Mario Kart DS online? Or what about the DSi Browser?

You can't get the DSi browser without going to the shop, so that's a moot point. I suspect you could go online with an (old) DS game, though, but probably not a new DSi game.

Doesn't matter anyway, I update and the Acekard 2i works fine.

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nizmow said:
G2K said:

You can't get the DSi browser without going to the shop, so that's a moot point. I suspect you could go online with an (old) DS game, though, but probably not a new DSi game.

Sorry, I didn't elaborate enough. I'm okay with going to the DSi Shop and updating, but after that, does using the Browser need an update if one is available? I guess you can't really test until a new Firmware comes out though...

nizmow

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
G2K said:
nizmow said:
G2K said:

Sorry, I didn't elaborate enough. I'm okay with going to the DSi Shop and updating, but after that, does using the Browser need an update if one is available? I guess you can't really test until a new Firmware comes out though...

Hm. I understand what you mean now. Worth testing when a new firmware comes out.

Also, the store opens April 5 in the US. Today was the official launch in Australia.

soulfire

gear... secando
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WOOT FTW
tongue.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
So it works then
unsure.gif
? I'm thinking of buying one after school...but I would have to order an Acekart...and that one is damm expensive -.-. I don't know what I'm going to do...
wacko.gif
. Guess I'll wait, until I know more about MENudo and which card it will use...

Good to know that it should work though...
wink.gif

Crazy-S

Pessimist
Trophies
Website
dasbutterschnitzel.com
XP
Country
Germany
Blue-K said:
So it works then
unsure.gif
? I'm thinking of buying one after school...but I would have to order an Acekart...and that one is damm expensive -.-. I don't know what I'm going to do...
wacko.gif
. Guess I'll wait, until I know more about MENudo and which card it will use...

Good to know that it should work though...
wink.gif
why don´t you buy a EZFlash Vi??
Its Cheaper and supports the same amount of DS Games,that the Acekard supports

P.s
My DSi has arrived but the sad thing is the DSi lies at Home and i´m at work and cannot use the DSi until 17:00 GMT+1
So i have to wait and watch (if i have some time) some DSi Videos and then I can play YAY
yaynds.gif

Nathan-NL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What do you call a slow car? Retired