Current DS Lite/CycloDs owner

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Starzboy77, Sep 15, 2009.

Sep 15, 2009
  1. Starzboy77
    OP

Member Starzboy77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thinking of upgrading to a DSI as I want larger screens. I also hear the screens are brighter and look better.

I have done some research and it looks like the M3I is the best cart for the DSI at this time.

Does M3I use .Sav files? Could I transfer them from my CycloDs?

Does the M3I allow the DSI to go to sleep when you shut the lid during gameplay???

Is this upgrade even worth while? I have an old DS Phat and DS lite and would like to keep the lite but might sell both for funds so I need to know how safe I am on solely relying on the M3I for all future needs.

2. Flame

Member Flame Me > You

the m3zeroi does use .sav files.

the games do go to sleep.

for the future, im not sure about DSi only games, but everything else is fine. the team seem to bring alot of updates and new features from time to time, the firmware does alot of stuff RTS, etc etc.

you should check out the FAQ. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89197

3. Starzboy77
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the reply. What about the DSI's screens? The larger screens worth the upgrade? Do the screens look better than the lite in terms of colors and brightness?

4. Starzboy77
    OP

United States
    Will I be able to transfer the saves from all my games to the M3I from the Cyclods then if they both use .SAV?

What about the upgrade in screens? Are the screens noticeably larger, brighter, and do the colors look more vibrant?

Any reason not to upgrade to a DSI? The only thing I care about is bigger and better screens.