.cue to .bin converter

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by EarthBound 2, Nov 6, 2014.

1. EarthBound 2
    OP

EarthBound 2 Banned

Banned
    Feb 22, 2014
    Poland
    I want import from sonic 2 original sega mega drive Dust Hill Zone,Genocide Zone and Wood Zone to sonic 2 android port.How?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Wow... so much to cover if this is your baseline. I would suggest that if Sonic Android has not been hacked/reverse engineered then just use an emulator instead. I imagine such a hack is well within the realms of possibility but you will be learning an awful lot if you plan to pull it off yourself.

.cue (and I assume .bin with it) is a media image format (like iso, nrg, clonecd....), one commonly seen in audio CD ripping circles but can contain normal data as well. Is this for sonic CD, the PC ports of Sonic games or something similar?

.bin is a generic extension used by hundreds if wildly different formats, though it does include one type of megadrive/genesis ROM format (the other main one being SMD and there are a few others nowadays as well, to say nothing of some of the things Sega has done over the years in emulator collections).

android is also its own thing, if memory serves the android ports of Sonic are a recreation as the sonic source code was lost. Obviously at some level there will be some java involved but you are probably more interested in model/level formats.

If you were already familiar with one or the other systems (preferably android as Sonic is one of the few extensively hacked megadrive franchises) I could see discussing some stuff, however here we are going to have to go from basically step one and that is not a short process.

3. EarthBound 2
    OP

EarthBound 2 Banned

Banned
    Feb 22, 2014
    Poland
    It has 3 years to learn?

anyways esrael sonic editor ii is desired for sega genesis and android.Isn't it?

How difficult is to multitool sonic 4 and sonic android ports?