Cubic Ninja

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rickycoe123, Feb 24, 2015.

1. rickycoe123
    OP

rickycoe123 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2014
    Can someone please explain this to me, how the exploit works. I can get a copy for £25.50. I have an XL running 4.5.

2. Amadren

Amadren SOMEBODY ONCE

Dec 21, 2014
    France
    Paris, France
  3. rickycoe123
    OP

rickycoe123 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2014
    So I assume my 3DS XL is no use for this exploit. What exactly does the exploit entail.

4. earny

earny GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    France
  5. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    it will work on yours

6. rickycoe123
    OP

rickycoe123 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2014
    Ah awesome. So this will allow me to to play original gameboy games I assume along with SNES.

7. lPolarisl

lPolarisl GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2015
    Hungary
    Those emulators aren't perfect, but yeah.

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    or you could just install the free cfw and run homebrew on that with no purchase necessary

9. codeclutch

codeclutch Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Would you mind elaborating a little bit on the process of that? I had just created my own thread recently with questions about that and was pretty much told that it wasn't possible outside of the cubic ninja hack.

10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721

i think people dont really push it as an option as too many people who use it then start asking why they can't play newer games, and how to convert newer games to work on 4.x etc.....take it as it is and you will be fine, it just will not play any newer games (unless you buy the trail game and play it in MT classic mode) and its fairly buggy, and a pain in the butt to set up for some people, if your fairly competent with computers/hacking is shouldn't be an issues, but i know i don't like getting into the subject too much as its a can of worms that most people cba answering 101 questions on :P

11. codeclutch

codeclutch Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Right, I understand the process of installing cfw, and have cias loading just fine, however how would I install/launch home brew without the use of cubic ninja? Currently have cfw installed and no physical gateway/flash cart available

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    simple, install cubic ninja as a cia file, then load homebrew from there, or you can download homebrew files as .cia and install to the homescreen,

afaik the cfw should work fine with homebrew, but i haven't really used the free cfw as i already have a gateway card

codeclutch likes this.
  13. codeclutch

codeclutch Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Ah okay, that's what I thought the limitation was. I've got a few of the home brew that's available as .cias, just somewhat disappointed that others aren't available that way and wasn't sure if I had overlooked something. I hate having devote cubic ninja to it simply because one of my kids actually really enjoys that game and has launched the exploit by accident a few times. Thanks for trying though

14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    you could install cubic ninja twice and hide the one you use for homebrew away and let your kids use the other one, so say keep the one that matches your consoles region for launching the homebrew channel and download the EU version and install for the kids

15. codeclutch

codeclutch Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Hmm.. hadn't thought of that... thanks for the idea! Maybe that will create less confusion... now if only I could get the folder sorting to be permanent on cfw lol

16. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    format sysnand or emunand and folders will stick