Hacking Cubic Ninja

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please explain this to me, how the exploit works. I can get a copy for £25.50. I have an XL running 4.5.

codeclutch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or you could just install the free cfw and run homebrew on that with no purchase necessary
Would you mind elaborating a little bit on the process of that? I had just created my own thread recently with questions about that and was pretty much told that it wasn't possible outside of the cubic ninja hack.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721

i think people dont really push it as an option as too many people who use it then start asking why they can't play newer games, and how to convert newer games to work on 4.x etc.....take it as it is and you will be fine, it just will not play any newer games (unless you buy the trail game and play it in MT classic mode) and its fairly buggy, and a pain in the butt to set up for some people, if your fairly competent with computers/hacking is shouldn't be an issues, but i know i don't like getting into the subject too much as its a can of worms that most people cba answering 101 questions on :P

codeclutch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, I understand the process of installing cfw, and have cias loading just fine, however how would I install/launch home brew without the use of cubic ninja? Currently have cfw installed and no physical gateway/flash cart available

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
simple, install cubic ninja as a cia file, then load homebrew from there, or you can download homebrew files as .cia and install to the homescreen,

afaik the cfw should work fine with homebrew, but i haven't really used the free cfw as i already have a gateway card

Reactions: codeclutch

codeclutch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simple, install cubic ninja as a cia file, then load homebrew from there, or you can download homebrew files as .cia and install to the homescreen,
Ah okay, that's what I thought the limitation was. I've got a few of the home brew that's available as .cias, just somewhat disappointed that others aren't available that way and wasn't sure if I had overlooked something. I hate having devote cubic ninja to it simply because one of my kids actually really enjoys that game and has launched the exploit by accident a few times. Thanks for trying though

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ah okay, that's what I thought the limitation was. I've got a few of the home brew that's available as .cias, just somewhat disappointed that others aren't available that way and wasn't sure if I had overlooked something. I hate having devote cubic ninja to it simply because one of my kids actually really enjoys that game and has launched the exploit by accident a few times. Thanks for trying though
you could install cubic ninja twice and hide the one you use for homebrew away and let your kids use the other one, so say keep the one that matches your consoles region for launching the homebrew channel and download the EU version and install for the kids

codeclutch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could install cubic ninja twice and hide the one you use for homebrew away and let your kids use the other one, so say keep the one that matches your consoles region for launching the homebrew channel and download the EU version and install for the kids
Hmm.. hadn't thought of that... thanks for the idea! Maybe that will create less confusion... now if only I could get the folder sorting to be permanent on cfw lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night