Cube Game Boy Player Start from Qoob?

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by wawnord, Jan 20, 2016.

1. wawnord
    OP

wawnord Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hi, i have 2 Cubes (one mit Xeno and one with QooB) and got today 2 GameBoy Player Adapter but sadly there ist only one startup disk and this disk is screwed.
    Is there any way to get these gameboyplayer to work? Maybe there is a way to boot from the Qoob HB Launcher?

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    There's actually a homebrew for the GC that can run the GameBoy Player without the official disk: http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2782

Alternatively, you could always pirate the startup disk, burn it, and then run that (or if your modchip supports running ISOs from SDGecko, I think it is, you could do that).

wawnord and KiiWii like this.
  3. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @daxtsu I get "link is invalid" to GC-forever link :(

Is it just my phone?

Edit: it is my phone. Request desktop site and it worked fine. Many thanks for the link!

4. wawnord
    OP

wawnord Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Wow...that was ultrafast replying :D

Thank U sooo much.. thats it ( i think/hope).
    I was although looking arround to find an iso, but for Pal, it's difficult to find.

Last edited by wawnord, Jan 20, 2016
    daxtsu and KiiWii like this.
  5. wawnord
    OP

wawnord Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Aooo, tested the download yesterday. Doesn't boot directly from Qoob, but with swiss (booted from qoob) it does its job.

6. chomel

chomel Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2015
    France
    Anyone knows if it is possible to burn a dvd with gameboy interface to use it without Swiss?

7. wawnord
    OP

wawnord Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    If you can boot Backups, you can burn a copy of the GB Player

Last edited by wawnord, Feb 26, 2016
  8. chomel

chomel Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2015
    France
    Ok. I've checekd GC-Forever website. I didn't understand how to make a copy of the disk. I've downloaded the Game boy interface file, the borders files, and I tryied to do a DVD image (ever using the using t"how to" thead"). But I also read that the project isn't finished yet. For example, it GAME BOY INTERFACE isn't able to recognize the GBA as a pad, it's in progress.

So I'm gonna wait a bit because my DVD aren't rewritable and they are pretty expensive.

9. wawnord
    OP

wawnord Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    There are burnready ISOfiles of the GB Player in the internet. ;)

Edit: You have got PM

Last edited by wawnord, Feb 29, 2016
  10. chomel

chomel Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2015
    France
    I answered you but I just realised that you sent me a copy of the Gameboy Player disk. I already have the original one. I was talking about the Gameboy interface iso. But as it's still not finished, I'll wait until GAMEBOY INTERFACE is compatble with GBA as controller.