ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

MrHaqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maybe now?
It's correct it must be how you have sorted out your files. You're using the Luma plugin loader right?

Make sure the boot.firm from the [Luma3DS 9.0 - Plugin loader.zip] file is at the root of your SD (you'll know this if you see the 'enable plugin loader' option in rosalina)

Also check that you have named each folder name correctly. Then try again.
Oh and if your on a New 3ds make sure to enable the plugin loader because it would be off otherwise.

Last edited by MrHaqs,

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok ill look

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's correct it must be how you have sorted out your files. You're using the Luma plugin loader right?

Make sure the boot.firm from the [Luma3DS 9.0 - Plugin loader.zip] file is at the root of your SD (you'll know this if you see the 'enable plugin loader' option in rosalina)

Also check that you have named each folder name correctly. Then try again.
well Alliance Alive USA is what the game folder says for the game. and i know it's a USA game. this is frustrating i tell ya. and yes the boot.firm file is there. shows the enable plugin loader. how do i know its on enable though?? its kinda confusing. i hit once says enabled (disabled) its really weird and confusing

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-07-19 at 9.48.36 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-07-19 at 9.48.36 PM.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot 2018-07-19 at 9.48.28 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-07-19 at 9.48.28 PM.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by Latyana,

MrHaqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh ok ill look

well Alliance Alive USA is what the game folder says for the game. and i know it's a USA game. this is frustrating i tell ya. and yes the boot.firm file is there. shows the enable plugin loader. how do i know its on enable though?? its kinda confusing. i hit once says enabled (disabled) its really weird and confusing
It's on when it says 'disable plugin loader'

Reactions: Latyana

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's on when it says 'disable plugin loader'
hm?? i've done that. definitely. looking at my files on my 3ds atm to be sure everything where its supposed to be. the rosalina thing still says no cheats for that title id.

the ctr on github says to activate it by select pressing but its wanting to take a picture. lol

MrHaqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hm?? i've done that. definitely. looking at my files on my 3ds atm to be sure everything where its supposed to be. the rosalina thing still says no cheats for that title id.

the ctr on github says to activate it by select pressing but its wanting to take a picture. lol
Im struggling to understand sorry. Do you get a green flash when you start the game also do you have any problems like this with other games?

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im struggling to understand sorry. Do you get a green flash when you start the game also do you have any problems like this with other games?
i get a green flash when i enable the luma payloader. no green when i load game. i used to use something like this ages ago on acnl before update of it

MrHaqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i get a green flash when i enable the luma payloader. no green when i load game. i used to use something like this ages ago on acnl before update of it
Do you enable the plugin loader after you load the game or before? You're supposed to do it before

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please send a screenshot of your sd card the sd/luma/plugins folder and the root and the cheats folder if you dont mind
here you go.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-07-19 at 10.27.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-07-19 at 10.27.02 PM.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot 2018-07-19 at 10.26.17 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-07-19 at 10.26.17 PM.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot 2018-07-19 at 10.26.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-07-19 at 10.26.03 PM.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 115

MrHaqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
here you go.
Ah I see what you have done. If you leave all the cheats in folders like that none of your cheats will work. I was a little confused before but its all clear now. What you have done is you have put the cheats into the folders, I'm guessing you downloaded the whole repository and placed it into the cheats folder. What you're supposed to do is place ONLY the <titleid>.txt in the cheats folder and it should run.

Basically all you have to do is get the contents of the Alliance Alive (USA) folder and put it in sd/cheats/

Last edited by MrHaqs,
Reactions: Latyana

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see what you have done. If you leave all the cheats in folders like that none of your cheats will work. I was a little confused before but its all clear now. What you have done is you have put the cheats into the folders, I'm guessing you downloaded the whole repository and placed it into the cheats folder. What you're supposed to do is place ONLY the <titleid>.txt in the cheats folder and it should run.

Basically all you have to do is get the contents of the Alliance Alive (USA) folder and put it in sd/cheats/
ooh oh i see. lmao. why didn't i remember that? explains that old file in the old cheats folder being nothing but numbers. lol. tysm for your help.

Reactions: MrHaqs

Bummibaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Bummibaer
Have you tried using the D9 and D6 codetypes?

If setting the address to a specific valve works, maybe the difference is what you need to add?

For example, golden Sun(gba) uses valves of 0x8 for their item count. So 0x8 would be 1, 0x10 for 2, 0x18 for three and so on....
I tried D9 and D6 just now and the result is the same as with F1.

Code:
DD000000 00000200 // if L:
D3000000 08080BA4 // Offset#1 = 08080BA4
D9000000 00000000 // data = [00000000+offs]
D4000000 00000001 // data += 00000001
D6000000 00000000 // [00000000+off] = data, off+=4 (no idea why off+04?)
D2000000 00000000 // end all if; start loop, clr reg
Does this look right?
It adds a value but not the correct one, or at least not the one I would like.
If I have 1 item it adds 0xE items per L-button, but later on the added value changes. Even when I try to overflow it, e. g. adding FFFFFFFF to subtract 1 item it subtracts more than one (0xE, too, if I remember correctly). I wish I could debug this in real time to see the actual values at every moment...
The idea with the 0x8, 0x10, and so on sounded promising, but adding anything bigger than 0x1 increases the item count even further. (I tried to increase by 0x2 and ended up with a jump from 0x1 to 0x19, then 0x19 to 0x31)

Try moving the if L: to the top and I dont think that the final line is really needed.
Tried that, didn't work. :( The final line was added by AR when creating the cheat.

// edit:
I couldn't verify that yet, but I suspect the problem is the execution of the code at every frame while the button is pressed. So if I press the button for 10 frames it would add 10 times the amount I specified. I will correct my code accordingly and try that again.

Last edited by Bummibaer,

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That sounds plausible, also, check if the value is 32-bits or just 8-bit, many item values use only 8-bit since most games cap you at 99 per item.

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bummibaer:
i suspect that there's no "wait for release key" codetype equivalent so you might be right about frame repeat.

I wish I could debug this in real time to see the actual values at every moment...
well, it not real time, but it close to...
if you're using the action replay plugin
1)you can goto the hex editor and press the menu hotkey to exit
2)get or lost an item
3)pull the menu back and it should still be in hex editor with a red highlight, indicating something changed. if you press (B) to discard the changes, keep track of the difference.

Last edited by Gamerjin,

Khali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, this is probably something stupid that I've overlooked but I had this installed and everything was working great. The only thing I've changed since then is upgraded to a new SD. I copied all my contents to a backup folder and copied everything over to the new SD and now the plugin menu no longer works. I tried replacing the boot.firm and a few other things but I'm not getting any success. Any ideas?

[edit]
Wanted to add, I also fired up into gm9 and it's not reading my gm9 scripts either?! Switching back to my old smaller SD card makes everything function like normal, get the green flash and everything! This is probably the wrong thread to ask this in, but I don't know if this helps make solving my problem easier.

On the new card, Homebrew and everything else all still boots like normal, like everything runs the way the cfw would intend, but apps like Godmode9, this replacement boot.firm, and even NTR CFW does not work. I can't even get the X+Y menu to pop up in NTR. :(
It's like the apps work and everything is there, and all the files are in the right place, but none of the apps are pointing to the correct directories. (or maybe offsets?)

Last edited by Khali,

Bummibaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I finally managed to execute the code only once per button press, but the solution is kind of hideous because I need to write two 16 bit values which work as flags for the state of pressed buttons.
Is there any way to do an „if“ statement using data registers rather than offsets?

MrHaqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I finally managed to execute the code only once per button press, but the solution is kind of hideous because I need to write two 16 bit values which work as flags for the state of pressed buttons.
Is there any way to do an „if“ statement using data registers rather than offsets?
Could you share the code please? Ive been at it for a day and can't figure it out.

falconcrest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bummibaer
Have you tried using the D9 and D6 codetypes?

If setting the address to a specific valve works, maybe the difference is what you need to add?

For example, golden Sun(gba) uses valves of 0x8 for their item count. So 0x8 would be 1, 0x10 for 2, 0x18 for three and so on....
how are you using this plugin on a gba game?i didn't think that it worked for those...

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Khali If I remember right, sd cards bigger than 32 gigabytes needs to be reformatted to fat32 format to work correctly. I don't know if that's your problem but that should help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉