Hacking RELEASE CTCaer Hekate that can automatically patch FS KIP1

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been A while since I updated my atmosphere files. Anyone have A quick compiled version that will work for 4.1.0 with this? Drag and drop kinda files.

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
https://github.com/rajkosto/hekate/releases/tag/rajkosto-fskip_patching

add kip1patch=nosigchk to your launch configuration in the hekate ini for just the unsigned NCA loading support, or kip1patch=nogc,nosigchk if you've followed my non-fuse-burning upgrade method and still have un-updated gamecard controller firmware.

Also submitted it as pull request, so it will end up in CTCaer's repo eventually.

If this is what i think it is, then as someone on 1.0.0 who really doesnt want to lose the game card controller, I can't thank you enough. Now to understand how to actually do this as previously stayed away due to GC upgrade issue.

tomGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OMG, awesome? LOL new updates to CTR and SDFiles coming soon! @tomGER
I'll probably not recreate what I did with fs_mitm/LayeredFS and make it a second package designed for this fork since this time we have something that is actually perfectly acceptable for master (CTCaer Hekate) and not just the Atmosphere kernel patch file added into hekate. SDFilesSwitch will support it once it's merged into master :)

For now just add that little one line into your hekate_ipl.ini and hail rajkosto for all his awesome work :P

---

Nice work :D
And once again this thread is starting to fall to the drama - Could people just stop arguing about bullshit everywhere on GBATemp, it really destroys my enjoyment in reading threads here.

Last edited by tomGER,

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Says "REQUESTED PATCH 'nosigchk' NOT APPLIED!" I have created my own kip1 file with ChoiDujour and put into the SD root and edited the hekate_ipl.ini as explained. Any solution?

Last edited by TheRocK,

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll probably not recreate what I did with fs_mitm/LayeredFS and make it a second package designed for this fork since this time we have something that is actually perfectly acceptable for master (CTCaer Hekate) and not just the Atmosphere kernel patch file added into hekate. SDFilesSwitch will support it once it's merged into master :)

For now just add that little one line into your hekate_ipl.ini and hail rajkosto for all his awesome work :P

---

Nice work :D
And once again this thread is starting to fall to the drama - Could people just stop arguing about bullshit everywhere on GBATemp, it really destroys my enjoyment in reading threads here.
Not even a prerelease? CTCaer said on github that he is currently on vacations, so it may take a while for merging...

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Says "REQUESTED PATCH 'nosigchk' NOT APPLIED!" I have created my own kip1 file with ChoiDujour and put into the SD root and edited the hekate_ipl.ini as explained. Any solution?

you either use a generated patched kip1 or the patch-on-load feature... not both.

tomGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by tomGER,

philo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm so confused over this layerfs and kip and fuses and stuff that I'm really glad I have two spare switches.. I just use one I keep up to date with official firmwares while all this development stuff goes on..=)

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you either use a generated patched kip1 or the patch-on-load feature... not both.

Okay it boots now, but I can't launch anything now, even my game carts it all errors out at the start. "The software was closed because of an error..."

[config]
autoboot=0
bootwait=0
customlogo=0
verification=2

{-- Custom Firmware --}
[CFW + Sig Patches]
kip1=modules/oldlayered/loader.kip
kip1=modules/oldlayered/sm.kip
kip1=modules/oldlayered/fs_mitm.kip
kip1=FS510-exfat_nocmac_nosigchk.kip1
atmosphere=1

Reactions: soggymoney21

tomGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@tomGER does this work and do i have to use the payload provided in OP and should i redownload sd files
This is just a replacement for the current hekate_ipl.ini file on the root of your sd - You still need the forked payload by rajkosto (OP)

so what's the diffrence between this and ReiNX ?
One is a bootloader without special features and with precompiled binaries in it, the other one is a PR for hekate ;P

In a serious note, this is Signature Patches added into hekate similar how to LayeredFS kernel patches were added into hekate - This will be merged into master hekate (CTCaers hekate) 100% in the future.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
This is just a replacement for the current hekate_ipl.ini file on the root of your sd - You still need the forked payload by rajkosto (OP)

One is a bootloader without special features and with precompiled binaries in it, the other one is a PR for hekate ;P

In a serious note, this is Signature Patches added into hekate similar how to LayeredFS kernel patches were added into hekate - This will be merged into master hekate (CTCaers hekate) 100% in the future.
@tomGER thanks! It works i installed a .nsp and my game works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!