Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

dogtygr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it, I changed back to my Hekate with fusee payload and all games work fine and I only have Hekate Sigpatches posted by Impeeza, the only thing that doesn't work is tinfoil however even with FSS0 was already getting corrupted due to beta testing new OC with erista CPU UV support.

Either that or tinfoil is working bad with atmos 1.7.0 cause it was self corrupting, then after a few restarts was OK, completely deleting and downloading it again just opening the installer would still throw a error sometimes, had to do it a few times until it worked (all of this with FSS0 and Hekate Sigpatches but never happened before beta testing the new upcoming OC for erista and Atmos 1.6.2)...

However now currently everytime I change to FSS0 tinfoil works and going back to fusee it stop working but all games work fine :wacko:

I don't have sys-patch, shouldn't the installed games stop working with atmos 1.7.0 fusee??

My original hekate fusee payload settings:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=47
noticker=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

My FSS0 hekate settings:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
noticker=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
backlight=47

[Atmosphere CFW]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip
emummcforce=1

[Atmosphere SAFE MODE]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Note: Had to add Safe mode cause hekate FSS0 is stupid enough not to boot if it doesn't detect loader.kip instead of just booting atmosphere without it like fusee payload which doesn't care if it's there or not...

Ps: I'm not using the modded fusee either... Does fusee only breaks new game installing and installed games still work fine???? (I thought without Sigpatches all games would stop working)
If you're not using sys-patch and you're using a custom fusee.bin file sigpatches don't include the kip ips files anymore because it is no longer officially supported you'll need to generate them yourself (via ips creator fron MrDude for example). That might be the reason why tinfoil doesn't work when you use fusee (because it needs the fs kip ips file) and your games work fine (you probably only have nsp files for your games and not xci ones)

Last edited by dogtygr,
Reactions: Nic87

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i am on 18.0.1, every game i want to install wont work
is there a solution for this?
Did you update your sigpatches? If so, how are you booting into Atmosphere?

Atmosphere 1.7.0 no longer supports ips kip patches (check the release notes here) which are usually used for piracy reasons. Therefore you can:
1) Load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0 - You'll need to reboot to Hekate, go to Launch and select emuNAND CFW or sysNAND CFW (depending on which one you use). If you've downloaded the sigpatches from here. your bootloader/hekate_ipl.bin will already have everything you need to have configured.
2) Use sys-patch instead of sigpatches.
3) Use modified Atmosphere's fusee.bin payload with ips kip patches support.

Having both sigpatches and sys-patch at the same time should cause no conflict at all, but it's recommended to stick to one that works for you in order to reduce the clutter on your SD card since they are doing the same thing.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not using sys-patch and you're using a custom fusee.bin file sigpatches don't include the kip ips files anymore because it is no longer officially supported you'll need to generate them yourself (via ips creator fron MrDude for example). That might be the reason why tinfoil doesn't work when you use fusee (because it needs the fs kip ips file) and you games work fine (you probably only have nsp files for your games and not xci ones)
And NSP games work without sigpatches??? cause I don't understand with original atmos 1.7.0 fusee payload using just latest hekate sigpatches and no sys-patch my games all worked just not tinfoil...

But anyway now I'm using latest Atmos sigpatches with modded fusee for sigpatches and without sys-patch and all is working nice, tinfoil is working again, but I still don't understand why would games work before if it was like it had no sigpatches since Fusee wouldn't load them...

Even tested 3 FW18 required games and work fine on FW 17.0.1 thanks to fusee payload instead of hekate FSS0 B-)

Reactions: Blythe93

dogtygr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And NSP games work without sigpatches??? cause I don't understand with original atmos 1.7.0 fusee payload using just latest hekate sigpatches and no sys-patch my games all worked just not tinfoil...

But anyway now I'm using latest Atmos sigpatches with modded fusee for sigpatches and without sys-patch and all is working nice, tinfoil is working again, but I still don't understand why would games work before if it was like it had no sigpatches since Fusee wouldn't load them...

Even tested 3 FW18 required games and work fine on FW 17.0.1 thanks to fusee payload instead of hekate FSS0 B-)
Nsp games work with the es patch which is still included in sigpatches the fusee bin doesn't load kip patches anymore but atmosphere still keeps the other patches

Entryjyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well thanks to MrDude and the release of latest IPSPatchCreator here are the sigpatches for FW18.0.0 :D

OP will be updated when full set of patches get available, there is no new Atmosphère Patches, well, because there is no new Atmosphère yet :P

Happy (pre)June 15th everybody! and the new COMPLETE set of sigpatches is Here, remember to use the latest Hekate on FSS0 Package 3 mode to be able to load the sigpatches, and/or use SYS-Patch Sysmodule.
I tried this and it still doesn't work. Now it says my games are corrupted.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
That download said to have the latest sigpatches. Before downloading that one I tried getting sigpatches from the official site and it CLAIMED to support 18.0.0, but it didn't work for me.
How do you boot into Atmosphere? Via fusee.bin or via Hekate?

Atmosphere 1.7.0 no longer supports ips kip patches (check the release notes here) which are usually used for piracy reasons. That means that sigpatches won't work unless you:
1) Load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0 - You'll need to reboot to Hekate, go to Launch and select emuNAND CFW or sysNAND CFW (depending on which one you use). If you've downloaded the sigpatches from here. your bootloader/hekate_ipl.bin will already have everything you need to have configured.
2) Use modified Atmosphere's fusee.bin payload with ips kip patches support.

Your other option would be sys-patch that impeeza linked to. Having both sigpatches and sys-patch at the same time should cause no conflict at all, but it's recommended to stick to one that works for you in order to reduce the clutter on your SD card since they are doing the same thing.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If I load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0, do I still need atmosphere/exefs_patches/ and atmosphere/kip_patches/, or did you only include those for people who may want to boot from a modified fusee.bin?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0, do I still need atmosphere/exefs_patches/ and atmosphere/kip_patches/, or did you only include those for people who may want to boot from a modified fusee.bin?
You need the exefs patches regardless of fusee or FSS0 because those patch ES. Loading Atmosphere via FSS0 uses the patches.ini to patch FS and Loader while the kip patches do that when booting using fusee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1