Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd like when you plug your SD card into the Wii, a "Demodulate" button comes up. It would save n00bs much time when putting on the Backup Launcher. I am aware that this would require overclocking to over 9000Ghz, but I figure that disposing of the girder barrier inside the Wii could possibly allow this.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Arm the Homeless said:
I'd like when you plug your SD card into the Wii, a "Demodulate" button comes up. It would save n00bs much time when putting on the Backup Launcher. I am aware that this would require overclocking to over 9000Ghz, but I figure that disposing of the girder barrier inside the Wii could possibly allow this.

Not possible as it would conflict with the Schrödinger's cat scenario and planks constant.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think only the Colby 512 cards can demodulate the girder barrier to allow the Wii to be clocked over 9000. Please correct me if I'm wrong though...

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a function that you can copy the Message box data in your SD Karte when the message box is full.
It would be cool if is in the cSM something the in option for backup you message box data?

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure the replace healthwarning video crediar made was merely a bit of code to reload the system menu and change the tpl curretly loaded in memory with his own before boot.

In order to permanently make that change you would have to modify the resource file's health.ash

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
im pretty sure the replace healthwarning video crediar made was merely a bit of code to reload the system menu and change the tpl curretly loaded in memory with his own before boot.

In order to permanently make that change you would have to modify the resource file's health.ash

From the video you can tell that he has four different systemmenus installed, obviously his default systemmenu has the no-healthwarning hack.
He loads a different version to show the replaced picture(a menu without the no-healthwarning hack). I didn't see any patch message or anything which would imply he loads it from a different file.
Crediar also wrote an ASH unpacker. So I'm pretty sure he replaced it directly on the NAND.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The demodulation is a kind of inside joke... hit arms link and you will see to thread links to here that mention the demodulation procedure to use usb 2.0 and 8 GB SDHC...hehe....it was funny though!
biggrin.gif

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
Forsaekn said:

From the video you can tell that he has four different systemmenus installed, obviously his default systemmenu has the no-healthwarning hack.
He loads a different version to show the replaced picture(a menu without the no-healthwarning hack). I didn't see any patch message or anything which would imply he loads it from a different file.
Crediar also wrote an ASH unpacker. So I'm pretty sure he replaced it directly on the NAND.
Yeah from what I read he pulled the system menu's ASH decompressing function and ported it to C or C++ to make his ASH Tool. He's a smart guy. I did the same and am currently in the process of fully reversing it so that we can have a decompressor / compressor that's not Ninty's code. I started it a while back but ive been pretty distracted and it fell to the back of the list. Cool thing is the ash files don't necessarily have to be compressed using ASH0, the system menu checks to see if its compressed and uncompresses it accordingly. So sure we can edit these files (the cSM logo was my first successful test of this, as you can see in the video in the first post of this thread) but uncompressed ASH files (u8 arc) are extremely large in comparison to themselves compressed. The compression ratio is pretty good, for example the health.ash file where these changes are being made uncompressed is 5.5mb, and compressed with ASH0 is 376kb (about 67% compression).

As you can imagine, changing too many things without a re-compressor being written would make the system menu incredibly large (just the health.ash change changes the system menu from 21mb to 26mb)...and we all know with the wii only having 512mb NAND this will quickly become an issue.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bozzer123 said:
o
rolleyes.gif

Edit: Can cSM work with starfall because im thinking of installing it before this comes out
No because cSM is based on 3.4 and is vastly superior to Starfall in many ways.

Also Dashboard allows multiple system menu installs, im not sure if I've mentioned that.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before we too far with all these changes. Will there be a version of CSM with very minimal to no cosmetic changes to the Wii's System Menu. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the added features but I'm a Nintendo fan first and I like my stuff to look official. Honestly, the only cosmetic change that I would ask for would be to be able to make wallpaper from our pics on the SD card and that the wall paper would only cover the top part of the Wii menu where the channels are.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
before we too far with all these changes. Will there be a version of CSM with very minimal to no cosmetic changes to the Wii's System Menu. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the added features but I'm a Nintendo fan first and I like my stuff to look official. Honestly, the only cosmetic change that I would ask for would be to be able to make wallpaper from our pics on the SD card and that the wall paper would only cover the top part of the Wii menu where the channels are.
Yes, this is what prelude is.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a quick question...will i at least be able to change my background image with prelude...its the only cosmetic feature i want... Sorry if im sounding a bit of a bug... i guess its part of my nature
smile.gif

canon560

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! I have some question to ask you about this ^^

-When do you think it will be released ?
-Will it be possible to skin the Wii Menu ?
-Using 3.4 isn't dangerous ? (updates via WiiConnect24)
-Will there be a function to change the region of the Wii easialy? (for example to go on Jap Wii Shop Channel with a PAL Wii^^)
-Loading Backups from the Disc Channel will load backups like a chip ?(Full speed? No patchs required? etc...)

And the final one:

-What is a demodulator? xD

Thanks in advance for your answers
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo