warlord007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to run CSI Deadly intent NTSC on a pal Wii GFX version 814

v14 installed.

When you select the fisrt mission it resets the Wii.

I have tried to run it from the disk but it says it needs to update , cant do this as the wii is pal and the disk is NTSC.

any ideas anyone ?

warlord

warlord007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Benjay said:
did you try alt-dol ? or block ios-reload ?

yes tried them both, and ios 222 223 249

i have patched the iso to pal and blocked updates.

it runs from the dvd (burnt) but wont run from usb, even if the dvd is in the drive.

also the trick with having a save game dosent work

looks like a new loading system.

warlord

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you shouldn't have to patch anything to use it via a usb loader. just force the video mode to your region in the settings.

try an unpatched iso.

warlord007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
you shouldn't have to patch anything to use it via a usb loader. just force the video mode to your region in the settings.

try an unpatched iso.

The iso on USB drive is unpatched.

I burnt a patch iso to see if the game loaded from dvd and it does.

When playing from GFX when you click on the start of a level the wii just resets (with or without dvd in the drive (patched or unpatched))

warlord

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possible it's an altdol game like Benjay said. Try loading altdol from disc. If that doesn't work then it may be the same deal as Call of Duty 3 were it is not playable from USB.

warlord007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
possible it's an altdol game like Benjay said. Try loading altdol from disc. If that doesn't work then it may be the same deal as Call of Duty 3 were it is not playable from USB.

forgot to mention running on system 4.1E also the Wii is chipped, thats how it will play from DVD

I have tried the alt-dol (from disk) and it just shows no dols found
frown.gif

Have Big N started using a different loading system ? Call of Duty 3 and now CSI

warlord

warlord007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just used GFX and loaded the first CSI Hard evidence onto usb from original DVD.

The games loads and run just fine, including the cut scenes. It must be a new loader they are using as thats when the new CSI seems to crash out on the Wii now.

warlord

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, hardmoded (chipped) and cioscorp softmoded consoles reported to be able run the game from disc, no USB loader.
Since USB loader does not work with this game yet, let's look at disc backup.
I do not want to chip my wii, so last chance is cioscorp.
On Cioscorp without updated ios 53, this ios is loaded from the disc and game runs ok.
Why cioscorp and disc loader not?
Cioscorp is softmod as well, just runs DVD backups directly from disc channel, while loader runs the same disc through homebrew channel...
What is it in Cioscorp different (specifically for this game) that makes it possible? If we know that, we could possibly make it working on backup loaders and possibly on USB?
Any experts here?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cioscorp plays the game with the original ios that the developers intended it to use. but the ios has been fucked with to allow dvd-r to be read. backup loaders (disc and usb) use a cios to run the game. and if it (the game) calls to reload the ios or if it makes a call to the ios that the cios does not understand it can freeze.

this is what that merge stuff in the 222/223 installer is all about. you can "merge" the cios with another official ios to get the benefits of that official one in the cios.

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
cioscorp plays the game with the original ios that the developers intended it to use. but the ios has been fucked with to allow dvd-r to be read. backup loaders (disc and usb) use a cios to run the game. and if it (the game) calls to reload the ios or if it makes a call to the ios that the cios does not understand it can freeze.

this is what that merge stuff in the 222/223 installer is all about. you can "merge" the cios with another official ios to get the benefits of that official one in the cios.

I see. So this could work by merging, But what to merge with what?
To make Guitar Hero 5 working on USB loader one has to install cios222 as ios36 and install cios223 as ios36 merge 37 (all in cios249) then run the game with CFG Loader and choose cios223 mload and 002 anti to on.
We know that CSI is loading ios53 from the disc. What needs to be merged in this case?

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about a new Cios 260,270,280 etc.... installed as IOS53?...I have no knowledge in coding whatsoever to even know if this is possbile...it seems logical to create a cios for IOS reload games, but if too many appear using different IOS's, it would then be too much to create a new cios for every game that does an IOS reload

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riicky said:
what about a new Cios 260,270,280 etc.... installed as IOS53?...I have no knowledge in coding whatsoever to even know if this is possbile...it seems logical to create a cios for IOS reload games, but if too many appear using different IOS's, it would then be too much to create a new cios for every game that does an IOS reload

Merging with ios53 could work...
Anybody got it working from USB (other than cioscorp or hadmod)?
I tried configurable USB loader running of ios53, does not work :-( I tried all possible combinations of 222 or 223, no success.
Softmod experts where are you?

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed in the cioscorp package that all the IOS's are included as WADs, would it be possible to just install the cioscorp IOS53 WAD ?

or if not, perhaps there is someway of merging the cioscorp IOS53 with 249, using multi-cios or something ?

I have no knowledge of programming, etc .. but if anyone does, who reads this, is what I suggested possible ? and if so, is it easy to do ?

Obviously we need the features of cioscorps IOS53 in whatever cios we use, to play this game on softmod wii's (those without cioscorp installed anyhow)

As a side note, after installing cioscorp 3.5, is the cIOS 249 v14 still left trhe same ? ie./ can we still use neogamma etc, if we wanted to ?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To play the game from disc your IOS53 has to be a cIOS. That's the requirement and it's not playable from usb at the moment. So just install the cIOS53 wad and play the game from disc.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiipower, would it be possible, to add IOS53, as a selectable IOS in neogamma...this way we could install the CiosCorp IOS53, and use neogamma to boot CSI through USB, using that IOS53, ??? just wondering
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"