Hacking CSI Deadly Intent Reset Wii

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Riicky said:
wiipower, would it be possible, to add IOS53, as a selectable IOS in neogamma...this way we could install the CiosCorp IOS53, and use neogamma to boot CSI using that IOS53??? just wondering
smile.gif

Haha. That's not required. The game is an IOS Reloading game, on the point where you get the crash now, it will load ÂIOS53 itself. That's the reason why you need a cIOS there.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand why you need a cios there, which is why I ask..

1.Install the cIOS53 from the cioscorp pack
2.Could I mod wiiflow to add IOS 53,as a selectable IOS in which to use to load games( like 249,222,223)
thus when it does the IOS Reload, it will already be using cIOS53 (the corp one) which shouldn't be a problem once it reloads back to that IOS?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you think if it would be that easy that i or somebody else would not have had the same idea already? The game ALWAYS loads IOS53 which kills the usb module, that's discussed already 100 times.

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Do you think if it would be that easy that i or somebody else would not have had the same idea already? The game ALWAYS loads IOS53 which kills the usb module, that's discussed already 100 times.

But with cios53 from current cioscorp (IOS53 = IOS53 v5149 with rev14 DIP) it should still play from the disc right?

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it works, I just tested it.
For all softmodders: Get the newest cioscorp package, inside you will find cIOS53-v5149-v3.5.wad.
This is the IOS53 v5149 with rev14 DIP.
Install that cIOS53-v5149-v3.5.wad using wad manager (1.5 for example).
Load the game on NeoGamma (I am using NeoGammaR8beta11) and game works perfectly without restarts or freezing.
Thank you all for suggestions
wink.gif

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi all
yes also me, i can confirm that it loads if you install cios 53 from cioscorp3.4.
i have softmod with firmware 4.1 - cios 38rev14- neogammar7

thanks WIIPOWER for your suggestion.

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
going to sound very noobish here but just to clarify. under what IOS do i install this using WAD Manager?
Is it 249/222/223? in order for the specified IOS u use to 'access' the cIOS?

EDIT: All i get when tryin to load from Neogamma R8 Beta 12 38 rev 15 is the 001 error. thats with cIOS53 installed under IOS249 with wad manager. I actually get into the game using USB Loader GX with basic settings and it crashes on the new game liek everyone elses.

I've never really understood all the IOS stuff and where actually to install them to using WAD Manager.

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarioMadness said:
put cIOS53...wad into /wads

load WadManager, select IOS249 , then just install the cIOS53.wad

guessed as such. its how i've done everything before. still cant get it runnin on either disk or usb tho
frown.gif

am guessing that probably down to 38 rev 15 tho.

chevygirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tryed different loaders and I still can't get this game to play. Try from ubs and get to where you pick mission and restarts, try from backup disc and get error #002. I am on 4.2U softmodded with cISOCORP v3.5 and IOS53 v5149 with rev14 DIP installed. I even tryed put cIOS53...wad into /wads, load WadManager, select IOS249 , then just install the cIOS53.wad. But samething.

Can this game be fixed sameway as New Super Mario Bros. Wii was with with .dol patch fix?

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Laughlyn said:
MarioMadness said:
put cIOS53...wad into /wads

load WadManager, select IOS249 , then just install the cIOS53.wad

guessed as such. its how i've done everything before. still cant get it runnin on either disk or usb tho
frown.gif

am guessing that probably down to 38 rev 15 tho.

That is true, I am on Cios 38 Rev 14 because Rev 15 gives you 001 error on discs in NeoGamma (Wiipower: "if a loader writes the correct value to address 0x80003184, the 001 check fails"). Get back to Rev 14 and try. Do not ever try this on USB, this is not working from USB, only from disc!

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chevygirl said:
I have tryed different loaders and I still can't get this game to play. Try from ubs and get to where you pick mission and restarts, try from backup disc and get error #002. I am on 4.2U softmodded with cISOCORP v3.5 and IOS53 v5149 with rev14 DIP installed. I even tryed put cIOS53...wad into /wads, load WadManager, select IOS249 , then just install the cIOS53.wad. But samething.

Can this game be fixed sameway as New Super Mario Bros. Wii was with with .dol patch fix?

For hardmodders and cioscorp, none of this is needed, it should load from disc without problem. It does not work from USB.

Tested and working with:
- softmoded 4.1U
- using best loader ever NeoGammaR8beta11
- loading from disc (does not load from USB!)
- cIOS38 rev14 (it is not going to work with Rev15, you will get 001 error on disc channel on Neogamma with Rev15!).

All I needed to do was to get correct cIOS53 with the backip dip that needs to be loaded. It is IOS53 v5149 with rev14 DIP. If you have newest cioscorp, that is exactly the cIOS needed. Since I do not have cioscorp, I downloaded newest cioscorp package, found inside cIOS53-v5149-v3.5.wad and installed it with wad manager.
Game loads and works perfectly without restarts or freezing loaded with Neogamma from disc.

chevygirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
georgecoat said:
All I needed to do was to get correct cIOS53 with the backip dip that needs to be loaded. It is IOS53 v5149 with rev14 DIP. If you have newest cioscorp, that is exactly the cIOS needed. Since I do not have cioscorp, I downloaded newest cioscorp package, found inside cIOS53-v5149-v3.5.wad and installed it with wad manager.
Game loads and works perfectly without restarts or freezing loaded with Neogamma from disc.

I have tryed this and still will not load from disc.

wiieye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm this is safe to install that ios53 only and shouldn't affect any other softmods? I REALLY don't want to install cioscorp for one game...

Thanks

chevygirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiieye said:
Can anyone confirm this is safe to install that ios53 only and shouldn't affect any other softmods? I REALLY don't want to install cioscorp for one game...

Thanks

It didn't hurt my wii any, but it didn't help me with trying to play the new CSI game.

Can this game be fixed sameway as New Super Mario Bros. Wii was with .dol patch fix?

tha_lizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi There.
i have a Wii 4.1 with the cioscorp 3.5 installed on it.
it's correct loading from USB will not work.
loading by disk and by neogammo is working without any problem.
but when i try to use the game and the persons in the game are speaking ( at least i think they are speaking).
i hear no sounds, and see no text on the screen.
i allready changed in the neogamma channel the default language to English and also change the video mode to DISC.
but still no change.
anybody any idea?
or should i try to download another version?
the version i have downloaded was a NTSC to PAL conversion.
i have a softmoded wii and without any hardware mod.
please let me know, the game is no irritating to play without the sounds.
also strange is that the background music is playing ok.
best regards
dennis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse