Hardware Crytek estimates Wii U is 'minimum as powerful as Xbox 360'

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys are missing the real news here. That the Wii U will run CryEngine 3. We might see Crysis 3 on the Wii U. If that happen it will be the game that will make visible Wii U power compared the PS3/360 and PC.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are missing the real news here. That the Wii U will run CryEngine 3. We might see Crysis 3 on the Wii U. If that happen it will be the game that will make visible Wii U power compared the PS3/360 and PC.

I could have sworn they had already confirmed that the engine would be coming to the Wii U (Crytek was leasing it out to developers, I think. It's been a little while, so I could easily be off). I also remember Crytek mentioning that they had no plans to develop for the system at the moment.

Crysis 3 might come to the console, but it probably won't be anytime soon. Also, it's Crysis 3, so... meh.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was never any huge argument that the Wii U would be LESS powerful than the 360. The public, at least as far as I can tell, is worried it will not be as powerful as next gen MS/Sony. And since Nintendo has provided next to zero spec information, I can only assume from statements and footage that the Wii U will obviously not be in the same ballpark as next gen Sony/MS. And if the next xbox has augmented reality glasses, I will shit my pants.
What statements have you been reading? There have been devs saying it is a next gen console. Are you selectively picking? You can't really tell from launch titles especially through videos. If we can tell through lanuch titles, the 360 games wouldn't got to where there are. I didn't think they ever provide full specs. Besides,that would just make it easier for the othe company.

All we need is it to be high enough to get as much games as possible. Maybe even more mmo's next gen due to the controller.
I could have sworn they had already confirmed that the engine would be coming to the Wii U (Crytek was leasing it out to developers, I think. It's been a little while, so I could easily be off). I also remember Crytek mentioning that they had no plans to develop for the system at the moment.

Crysis 3 might come to the console, but it probably won't be anytime soon. Also, it's Crysis 3, so... meh.
I think they did.
"In fact, there actually is a game in development from a respected developer that we will be announcing. I've seen the game running and it looks really great."

Something coming, if not that.

I think some people on that site are reading it as the wii u is as strong as the 360 at minimum. That's... wow...

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

If you go to the source you'll read that the CEO said that the engine runs beautifully and that there's a developer working on a game that use the engine for the Wii U already.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you go to the source you'll read that the CEO said that the engine runs beautifully and that there's a developer working on a game that use the engine for the Wii U already.

...What made you think I missed that?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering what the rumored hardware for the Wii U was and what Nintendo has said they are generally going to be using in the system, it's just more confirmation that anyone saying the Wii U is inferior to the 360 and PS3 is fucking retarded. Nintendo is a gaming company, they know what they need to do to make a quality product, the fact that they haven't even released a final developer kit yet means that they haven't even finalized the complete system specs yet and are probably still tweaking to find that happy medium where the can make a profit and still provide the customer and developers with enough power to last the next 5 or so years.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not surprised, as for why the public missed that it's because Nintendo insists on keeping us in the dark, the idiots don't even know how much they're damaging themselves by not letting the public know important things like system specs or a release date and price. :glare:

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Not surprised, as for why the public missed that it's because Nintendo insists on keeping us in the dark, the idiots don't even know how much they're damaging themselves by not letting the public know important things like system specs or a release date and price. :glare:
>Thinking Nintendo ever releases hardware specs or the release date and price before TGS
First console launch?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, because everybody knows that all the kids out there who want to play mario and zelda (and the parents and such that buy the system and games for them) base their decisions on the processor model and GPU revision in a system, even though most people don't know what that even means.

Oh wait, no. The only people who really give a damn are people like us, and we're a minority.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth