Crystal Armor, or Power Pak+?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Aijelsop, Aug 24, 2011.

Aug 24, 2011

Crystal Armor, or Power Pak+? by Aijelsop at 8:10 PM (1,153 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
  2. Kiaku

Member Kiaku GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'd choose battery life over aesthetics because I won't have to worry about running out of battery. If you want to protect your 3DS, just buy some cheap case with zippers. It's very handy if you want to bring the 3DS with you in a bag.

3. Aijelsop
    OP

United States
    That's probably a good idea. I already have a case for my 3DS and the Club Nintendo pouch thing, I just wanted something better than a black DS. XP

Is there another site to purchase the PP+ from? I'm not paying $5.58 in s&h.

4. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    The only thing stopping me from getting a Nyko power pak is that using a crystal case solves my loose hinge problem. The short battery life bothers me, but having my top screen flap around while I play AR games or Face Raiders bothers me more.

If your hinge isn't loose, or doesn't bother you, I might go with the power pak. If you want to reinforce your wobbly hinge, or care more about protecting the system itself, maybe go with the case. I'm currently using the green Zelda armor, and I love it. It's the highest quality crystal case on the market (has rubber lining inside), but looks best on a cosmo black 3DS imo.

5. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Get the Nyko Power Pak+ and a Hori silicon case !

Pip'

6. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Personally, I think the Zelda case looks cheap and ugly...

Even if that wasn't the case I'd go with the Power Pak+

7. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Neither.

Solutions:

1) Charge your 3DS whenever you aren't using it. I've had mine from launch, and it has never died.

2) Don't drop your 3DS, and take care of it.

Solutions are free, and prevent bulkiness.

8. iluvfupaburgers

Member iluvfupaburgers FUPA Luva

Ecuador
    get the power pack +. love it, when i didnt have it my 3ds spent more time charging than on my hands. and i actually like the bulkiness, i feel like it gives more grip to my hands. i dont think awssk8er's solution is good since batteries do have a charging life, meaning that after a certain amount of charges, the battery looses energy and therefore need to charge more frequently, so the less time you have a battery charging is better

9. Saturnplanet5

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Powerpack all the way. Had to charge it every day before the powerpack, now I don't.

10. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    TBH, that case looks like crap. Power Pak all the way. Speaking of which, I should probably get one myself...

11. Aijelsop
    OP

United States
    Shoot.

I have that stupid hinge problem... -.- I hate it. It feels like my 3DS is going to fall apart, but I know it isn't...

I really want better battery life, but... the hinge problem fixed might be good... Gahhhh, what to choose?

12. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    you can alway take a dremel and cut a hole out the bottom of the shell to allow a PP+ to fit.

The amazon link to the shell says it is out of stock. time for you to look for something else now.