Status
Not open for further replies.

bud420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't read the whole topic, so dunno if anyone has said this, but; if they do make a 1:1 copy, the way they could go about it is having the Rom manager in ds mode, like how flashcarts work on the 3ds now. Then that Rom manager in ds mode would pick one of the 3ds roms and restart the handheld with that specific game loaded as the cart in the 3ds on the menu. Seems like it could work, but I honestly don't know that much about how flashcarts actually operate.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Haven't read the whole topic, so dunno if anyone has said this, but; if they do make a 1:1 copy, the way they could go about it is having the Rom manager in ds mode, like how flashcarts work on the 3ds now. Then that Rom manager in ds mode would pick one of the 3ds roms and restart the handheld with that specific game loaded as the cart in the 3ds on the menu. Seems like it could work, but I honestly don't know that much about how flashcarts actually operate.
You can't switch from DS mode to 3DS mode. There would be no ROM manager, you just load the ROM onto the cart and the 3DS sees it as that game. That's all this would do.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, the 2% was adding a popup to their site that earns them ad revenue via OzModChipsOz3DS. The worldwide forum discussions that ensued probably earned them a small fortune. *Slow clap* pure genius…
the popup add was allways there the 2% was fixing bugs
Prove it.

Also, why in the world do you keep quoting posts twice? Just hit the damn button once.
it google crome idk why it doing that

and it says on the page "
Currently we did encounter an unexpected issue during the testing period, anyway we are still working on it, hopefully will fix it very soon and keep you updated as well,​
thank
again for your concern and continued support!

it look pretty clear they fixed that
The fact that nothing says they fixed it makes it pretty clear that they haven't. Also, I don't recall the popup being there in the several times I've visited the site before, I'm fairly certain it wasn't always there. Even if it was, visits tapering off would lower revenue from ad generation. What better way is there to boost hits than increase their progress counter, sparking buzz on forums like this?

Forgive my cynicism (or don't), but I really don't think any serious entity would make such a minor increase to a project progress level. Increasing it by any small arbitrary number like 2% effectively relieves the pressure of actually producing something whilst giving the impression they've made progress. Increasing it by 10% or larger reduces the number of times they can repeat the trick and is likely to incite responses that pressure them into releasing additional details about the progress they've made. I'm not flat-out calling them fake, given that they at least did something, but this minor increment to their progress certainly doesn't help their case, in my opinion.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can't switch from DS mode to 3DS mode. There would be no ROM manager, you just load the ROM onto the cart and the 3DS sees it as that game. That's all this would do.
Yeah you can.

Forgive the crude drawing, but here:

dfqTg.png

EDIT: LOL, typo. It's supposed to be "Circuit" not "Circut", but you get the idea.

Reactions: 3 people

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me break this down for everybody:

The Crown3ds group isn't making any more progress than anybody else. Having a progress bar doesn't even make sense - how the hell are you supposed to know what percentage of progress you've made without knowing what all it takes to get a working cart?

The whole point of the "progress bar" is to build up hype, so that when they ARE able to release a cart, all of you are going to flock to them first. That's all there is to it.

With all the attention they've gotten over this, they're sure to sell tons of carts once they actually do have one - whether another group releases one shortly before or not.

Reactions: 3 people

philip11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
after i check on http://www.crown3ds.com/ (today), well is increase +2 % but is not clean website anymore..... is seems this site trying to user go to http://www.oz3ds.com/ , welldone my chrome is automatic blocked that pop up . i don't know why yesterday is no have any pop up.

on oz3ds.com, check on http://www.oz3ds.com/product.php?id_product=52 . LOL 0 $?

Please note that the previous 99$
(now 0$)
is only the reference price, we have not received the exact prices from the crown3ds official team yet, but we'll release more info and details soon, thank you!​
^LOL

i not say is FAKE but is seems weird for me o.O why crown3ds is not give up... =="

Shoyrukon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Funny how this thread caused SO much rage... Take this news with a grain of salt.

I am skeptical about the actual release, but any news is better than nothing. Imagine the amount of fried eggs if they actually come out with a legit card.

For f*** sake. I don't want to see "Ground-breaking [Crown3DS] flashcart news!" on the front page unless something actually happened.
sorry if i pissed you off, that was indeed a poor attempt at humor/trolling :creep:

appleburger: i'm sure everyone here (except younger kids maybe) realizes that.

Lol ! I'm surprised you actually posted this on the GBAtemp scene news :D

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Sarcasm is so unappreciated nowadays. I think it's quite funny, although not as funny as the amount of people ACTUALLY taking this 2% progress thing seriously

michael18

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Castello play game with them!post a topic which you will write that crown3ds are fake to see their action after that.If adminstrator of one of the bigger site about homebrew etc write something like that i thiknk they will give us somehting :):)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
sorry if i pissed you off, that was indeed a poor attempt at humor/trolling :creep:
May I remind you of the site rules against trolling? J/k

In all honesty, does anyone actually believe that this may still be real? I believe that they were working on it, but I think that they made an announcement way before they had anything solid and are probably just sitting there feeling like failures because they were unable to produce what they promised.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, got excited when I saw it up at 72%. So about 70 more months until it's finished, going off 2% progress every 5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk