♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
ItsMetaKnight said:
This will literally kill the 3DS if it's true.
It's not performing well at all, but this will be the definite end.

I don't understand how people can be happy or excited about such a thing.
No it won't, this may be very soon for a flashcart to come out, but it won't kill the 3DS. There are very few systems killed by piracy.
If anything it may increase some sales (I know a few people who are waiting for a 3DS mode flashcart)
I personally could've waited a year or two before this happened but hey, cool to see it being worked on.
nevermind

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
machomuu said:
SamAsh07 said:
ItsMetaKnight said:

You don't see the both sides of a case. If a flashcart is out, homebrew will eventually come into action, developers will gather and make awesome 3D Homebrew, in turn ecstatic fans will BUY a 3DS, thus with each person buying, sales will eventually rise, then there are those people (like me) that own flashcarts mostly for homebrew stuff and buy their games.

Flashcarts never destroyed the DS, so your argument is invalid. Every handheld/console starts slow, when the software kicks in does it really take off, tell me, is there a single console/handheld that never suffered from bad sales? Nope. 3DS just started. Games are coming now, TGS showcased the true potential of 3DS future, and to me it's looking bright. Just hold yer horses till the holiday season, I bet 3DS will top the charts.
Here we go...

I'll just say this, not everyone- or even the majority of DS owners know what a flashcart is, if one is released, it will little effect on the majority of sales.

Also, Flashcarts came over a year after the DS' release, it was only natural that with the DS' current (at the time) sales and its library that it couldn't be killed by such a thing.
That's what you think, we don't even know the countless sites (in different languages and territories) that have users mainly for flashcart news, GBAtemp is not the internet, it's barely 0.0001% part of it. Unless there's a survey worldwide, I won't agree that people that know about Flashcarts are very limited. The World ain't small....

+ There are people that never agree that they own a flashcart even if they do.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SonicXXXthehedgehog said:
ItsMetaKnight said:

No it won't, this may be very soon for a flashcart to come out, but it won't kill the 3DS. There are very few systems killed by piracy.
If anything it may increase some sales (I know a few people who are waiting for a 3DS mode flashcart)
I personally could've waited a year or two before this happened but hey, cool to see it being worked on.
Before I take my leave, let me ask you a question. Exactly how many systems have had flashcarts made for them only 5/6 months after release?

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
ItsMetaKnight said:

Before I take my leave, let me ask you a question. Exactly how many systems have had flashcarts made for them only 5/6 months after release?
crap, I forgot that it was only released in march...

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
machomuu said:
ItsMetaKnight said:

Dude, leaking Flashcart infos into the pubic in their early builds AND not announcing until the team is confident (has also done some research) are 2 different things. 3DS Flashcart hype was ALOT coming out of the DS era, and this Crown 3DS comes into play, for what?? To take all the attention because of the massive hype. I don't believe some team just coming out of nowhere and saying that they have some sort of early build flashcart.

Did Crown ever make a DS flashcart? They could just be some attention seeking newbies.
closedeyes.gif

PunchOut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn ! Flashcards are the worst solution.
Why ?
It's simple:
Flashcards are the easiest way for piracy.
Then, it opens door for mass piracy, that makes good 3rd party to run away.

Flashcards are not the reason for more shitty games and shovelware, but they are the reason for less big games/good games.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This thread can be locked. It's probably a fake one.
Access www.crown3ds.com , provde a mail box and click "Notify me", you will get the message listed below.
huaqiangbei.jpg

Please pay attention to shenzhen huaqiangbei and Shenzhen, Guandong 8888888

Now, you can make a judgement by yourself.

Z

Zorua

tranfeer said:
Access www.crown3ds.com , provde a mail box and click "Notify me", you will get the message listed below.
huaqiangbei.jpg

I don't see what's wrong with that......

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tranfeer said:
huaqiangbei.jpg

What is wrong?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
machomuu said:
SamAsh07 said:
ItsMetaKnight said:

You don't see the both sides of a case. If a flashcart is out, homebrew will eventually come into action, developers will gather and make awesome 3D Homebrew, in turn ecstatic fans will BUY a 3DS, thus with each person buying, sales will eventually rise, then there are those people (like me) that own flashcarts mostly for homebrew stuff and buy their games.

Flashcarts never destroyed the DS, so your argument is invalid. Every handheld/console starts slow, when the software kicks in does it really take off, tell me, is there a single console/handheld that never suffered from bad sales? Nope. 3DS just started. Games are coming now, TGS showcased the true potential of 3DS future, and to me it's looking bright. Just hold yer horses till the holiday season, I bet 3DS will top the charts.
Here we go...

I'll just say this, not everyone- or even the majority of DS owners know what a flashcart is, if one is released, it will little effect on the majority of sales.

Also, Flashcarts came over a year after the DS' release, it was only natural that with the DS' current (at the time) sales and its library that it couldn't be killed by such a thing.
That's what you think, we don't even know the countless sites (in different languages and territories) that have users mainly for flashcart news, GBAtemp is not the internet, it's barely 0.0001% part of it. Unless there's a survey worldwide, I won't agree that people that know about Flashcarts are very limited. The World ain't small....

+ There are people that never agree that they own a flashcart even if they do.

No matter how you slice it, the amount of flashcard users on the DS/3DS or mod users on the Wii, etc is a small percentage. It doesn't matter how many websites there are for something if you never think to look for them. And the majority of users never does think to look for them, or goes to sites like GBATemp. Anybody I have ever told about even as something as basic as the using the homebrew channel to play emulators on the Wii is totally amazed that that is even possible. Tell them about something like an AK2i and there minds are blown.

Absurd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KingBlank said:
Its good having bad games like "PONYZ3D!!!" Because then the good games are just that much better!

Correction, average games will appear to be that much better
frown.gif
As for it appearing so soon after the machines launch, I think that when you take into account how much money has been generated for the various card developers over the last few years it was obvious from the start that they'd all be breaking their necks to be the first to market to make the initial financial killing that such a product would instantly guarantee.

Market forces are at play here, nothing more, nothing less.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tranfeer said:
huaqiangbei.jpg

Yeah, go back, selling your clones..

@topic: I wonder why so many of you cry because there's no fancy gui... If I remember correctly, the first GBA and NDS flashcards worked pretty similar to the Crown3DS - only one ROM at the time, flashed onto the chip with a PC. They then started directly, without any menu and were (probably) also recognized as the real game.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
amazing news and it seems there are a lot of negative comments moving around.
no one said u should buy the cart nor will anyone blame u for not buying one.

i want to hear from the experts as to how they might have pulled this off and whether the supercard team can match it with their present cart.
99 dollars is still ttoootoo much for a cart and i will wait for a long time until confirmed reports arise.

of course, ppl who rushed to get waninkoko's firmware saw the results and those who waited until kmeaw saw the results also. i say wait, confirm and then seize.

ALERT - gbatemp has just activated two backup servers to handle the extra load of traffic

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Lots of electronic devices and components come out of Shenzhen, one of the main problems is that Shenzhen also has lots of fake companies scamming people too, it's a shame. It's a bit like the Nigerian Prince, the problem is until a Prince comes to your door and hands over lots of money you can't guarantee that it's official.

So for Our current example, we should wait and see what Crown3DS do, i wouldn't preorder anything until we have some real hardware. and definately more video's and pictures.

T.Kuranari

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My 2 cents:

This is legit. No doubt about it
smile.gif
Remember Legacy with their nFos of their 3 dumped 3DS games and a picture of their dumper? They said it is actually "THAT" simply and they also said they have tested their dumps with their hardware. Now I don't know whether or not the people behind crown3ds are related to Legacy but I believe they did exactly the same as Legacy. They are capable of dumping their own roms and they have released a proof-of-concept video.

Personally I don't care about playing pirated 3DS roms. All I want off 3DS hacking is region-free gaming and homebrew
smile.gif
I believe this can be achieved without a flash cart at all.

Either way, I have reported crown3ds to Nintendo just to see their reaction to this
smile.gif

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Immortal_no1 said:
So for Our current example, we should wait and see what Crown3DS do, i wouldn't preorder anything until we have some real hardware. and definately more video's and pictures.

It wouldn't matter if this was real and in your hands right now, what are you going to play on it? Right now there's only the 3 supposed legacy releases. Assuming this does 1 game at a time using a 1:1 copy, this will be region locked, so also assuming those three games are even real, you only have a 1 in 3 chance of the game being the proper region. (I believe the 3 releases right now are european, but I could be wrong)

Will there eventually be dumps of 3DS games as widespread as DS ones? Yes, of course, but the main question is when. You can claim private dumps all you want, but that doesn't achieve anything. You can say people were waiting for a flashcart to release, but again, that doesn't help anybody right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1