Cross console compatability

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by John60, Nov 28, 2012.

1. John60
    OP

John60 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2012
    Hello folks

Wonder if anyone can help answer a couple of questions?

How do users who have two consoles fare - ie can we use the same game discs in each console (not at the same time obviously) - can I register two consoles to the same account? Can the controllers be used on different consoles?

Reason is - we are putting one downstairs and one upstairs - I realise that they will both have unique ID's - but what happens when you put the same credit card details into two different consoles - or is it that you just have to have two separate accounts?

Thanks for any advice

John

2. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Yes but you have to resync for each console. Nintendo says in later update you can use same NintendoNetworkID in 2 or more consoles.

3. John60
    OP

John60 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2012
    Excellent - thank you for the info

4. John60
    OP

John60 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2012
    Anyone any idea when two consoles will be allowed to have the same Network ID?

And - in the meantime - how do you go on with two consoles and using the same discs in one or the other = or can't you?

Thanks

5. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    1. wait for an update
    2. you mean you can remove a disk and put it in the other console? yes you can
    3. what's with all the -

6. John60
    OP

John60 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2012
    1. OK
    2. Thanks, that's what I needed to know
    3. my bad :blink: