CRITICAL! Urgent help needed NOW.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Blaze163, Sep 23, 2011.

Sep 23, 2011
  1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Lali ho...

As y'all know, the missus bought a cheap old DS Phat off eBay to play a few games that are difficult to get hold of around here, notably Art Academy. To that end I've given her my old Cyclo DS EVO, at least until I can afford a pair of SuperCard DS Two's, one for her DS Phat and one for my 3DS. But Art Academy, the game she most wants to play, gives me an error message saying 'file system is too fragmented'. I've done a little research and it seems it needs a patch for Cyclo (firmware 2.2 if that helps), but every link I find to this patch is either an old patch that doesn't work with the Cyclo card or it requires paid membership to download the fucking thing. The missus gets home in about 3 hours. I need the game patched and ready to go by then. So in the words of everyone in Elite Beat Agents....

HEEEEEEEEEELLLPPP!!!!!

Seriously though, if someone could point me in the direction of a fix that works? Would be very grateful.

2. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    Maybe format the SD card.

3. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    In progress, but the poor old Cyclo's seen better days so if it needs patching I'd rather take care of everything in one shot as it'll take a while for the battered old connectors on the Cyclo to acknowledge the return of the Micro SD card [​IMG]

4. emmanu888

Member emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Canada
    he said that the game reqiures a patch so it can work on the cyclo ds but he can't find the patch.

he wants the patch for the game

5. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    Yeah I saw the patch part but I own an Acekard 2 so I can't help with
    that. I just was saying a format seems in order for that card.

6. Demonstryde

Member Demonstryde GBAtemp Fan

United States
    not sure about cyclo sorry man. the only advise i have is to not buy it.... and get a cheap very reliable updateable plays every game for ds acekard and never have these problems again...... it also works on 3ds ........ its only like 12.00, and i know this doesnt help having it done in 3 hours but it will help never having this problem ever again in the future.... or just continue on with the frustration... either way im fine with it.

7. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    If anyone has the patch they could upload it somewhere for me, perhaps? Or just point to where they got it, PM if it's rom links or something? I dunno. I promised her I'd get it fixed and I'd hate to let her down.

Am defragging the SD card now. Maybe that'll help. Have run disk check on it already.

8. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    Fixed it. Turns out the Japanese version works fine and a group of hackers have transferred all the text from the English version into the Japanese one to bypass the AP. Seems to be working fine now. Thanks lads. All games working fine, system fully charged, I've given it a damn good clean and aside from the hinge damage which I can't do a damn thing about, it's good as new [​IMG]

9. sporkonomix

Newcomer sporkonomix Advanced Member

United States
    Note that he mentioned that he's looking for a temporary fix until he can afford to get a pair of DSTWOs. He needs a patch for Art Academy that will make it work on the CycloDS.

10. impizkit

Member impizkit Lazy Lurker

Australia
    Sounded like an acekard ad to me. OP clearly is not going to buy an acekard, fanboy. DSTwo's when he can.

11. gtmtnbiker

Member gtmtnbiker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    In the future, can you use a better subject for your thread instead of a crappy one that screams "I'm a N00b who doesn't know how to use forums"?

12. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Just a notice, never defrag an sd or flash drive no matter how fragmented it is you just format it . Defraging sd cards or flash drives just helps killing them.