Gaming Creating Pandora's Battery Softmod question.

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Star Wars Limited Edition PSP so i know it has the TA-85v1 mobo. As far as i know this verison is the only slim mobo to create a pandora's battery soft mod.

Can i have some help "creating" a pandora battery so i dont have to buy one fro dealextreme and wait 2 weeks for it to ship please :3

Also I've heard that you can only make a Magic Memory Sitck (used with the pandora battery IIRC) with a MagicGate Memory Sitck. Is that true?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
As for the first question....What firmware is the PSP on?

And for the second, sometimes you're lucky with non Magic Gate supported Memory Sticks but in the main it's safest to go for Magic Gate supported. Just go with Sandisks.....

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure the exact firmware (hasn't arrived) but I'm pretty sure its gona be over 5.03

im guessing a photofast CR-5400 adpater with 2 8gb micros wont work im guessing

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No. Just get a 4Gb Sandisk.

If it's over 5.03 then you can't softmod unless you have a friend with a CFW PSP...which means you'll need to hardmod (i wouldn't) or buy a Pandora battery.

Saying that....you could probably use half byte loader to run OSPBT to softmod a battery if it's not on the latest OFW.

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhh for like patapon demo? what firmware would i have to be on to you half byte loader?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
He doesn't need homebrew....he just needs access to one tool to softmod a battery.(e.g. OSPBT.)

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i have ofw6.20 can you give me a run down of what to do to softmod the battery and un-pandorize it after done please. also even if i use a softmoded pandora battery i still have to have a magicgate memory stick dont i?

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:

>____> ....thats for hardmodding a battery to use if you have a psp that has a no on this chart
HackablePSPs-1.png

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

as you can see from the video, you need CFW to make a pandora. i've yet to find any confirmation OSPBT working via HBL so you may have to find a friend with CFW

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Saying that....you could probably use half byte loader to run OSPBT to softmod a battery if it's not on the latest OFW.

Have you confirmed that working?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope...because i've never needed to. However, if you just wait for the PSP to arrive, have 6.20 or lower and can run HBL and try to execute OSPBT the worst that can happen is that you wait an extra week for CFW and the best is that you get it there and then without anything more than a new MS (which you can get now).

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon