creating new save game files when there isn't space

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by caribou007, Dec 19, 2010.

1. caribou007
    OP

Member caribou007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    What happens when the system tries to create a game save when there isn't enough space? I've heard it can lead to data being overwritten.

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Depends...
    Most likely it will fail to be created and either not load or cause problems with the game.
    It could attempt to write a save, but run out of space giving you a corrupt save.
    I doubt it would overwrite something else, but with all the crap clones out there it's not impossible.

3. caribou007
    OP

Member caribou007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ah, thanks for the info. Well, it is a clone of the original, R4 Revolution for DS, with "www.r4ds.com" on the box. It was the best R4 clone I could find and it's supposed to be good.

I saw a forum topic somewhere where somebody wrote that (I believe it was Wood?) stopped being able to boot after they attempted to create a WarioWare DIY save. They had to reinstall the OS. It wasn't confirmed, however, that creating the save file is what caused the issue, and I don't know what hardware was being used, but it was speculated that lack of free space caused the data corruption.