Create a warning to warn users that they probably will be banned for modifying their switch/console.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flood of "Will I be banned if" question continues on, many by trolls (which can go die) but also by what is probably little kids(or people new to the scene), of whom which will be sad if their switch is banned. I say we at the least make a sticky or somthing that sticks out to warn that no matter what you do good chance of a ban, and that there is no way to get free games and play online, no matter if you erase the game, or "just" installed one or two games. I know this is silly, but I dunno I think it might be worth it.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None, the only hope is the people willing to put in time to understand something before they agree to it so they don't have any reason to complain later.:ninja:
Well with the switch especially, I see YouTube videos, that are just like FREE GAMEZ! (There's also those weird anti piracy videos where people talk about how were destroying Nintendo, and how horrible our hacks are, but that's another issue) Anyway, that leads to kids/people who don't know wtf they're doing. It's really weird because it used to be unless you found out about the console modification scene in some obscure way (I saw a weird flashcart on dealextreme or something), they never would find out about it, now it's just random kids watching switch videos.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reactions: Pluupy

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Messing with the Switch, is only gonna provide you a banhammer.
Maybe it's a bit too early to hack the Switch (or not?), only time will tell, so just don't be an idiot and read, information is power, this is truth now and in the future.

While I would probably say it is too early in that there are not really many games for the Switch, most homebrew is hardly the highly polished stuff you might have seen on the GBA, DS, xbox and Wii (you know, when homebrew was king) and everything is still pretty clunky then that could be dismissed as an opinion (except for no games as that is just straight fact). However if you did leave your switch unable to connect to the internet you could enjoy your hacks for the next year or so until things are more developed. At that point you will probably be able to run a nice "clean my Switch up" application, maybe run the latest hack which dodges all the checks and thus allows online and then have an online hacked Switch.
Alternatively if you did want to do the wipe and restore trick (possibly in combination with something like https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ ), something which would be very tedious and still leave you open to a user error (Nintendo only has to be right the once) you could enjoy both a measure of online (no hacked games or games you don't own with it though) and a hacked device. At a later date you might convert that to emunand or a safe hacked firmware.

Some seem to think this is effectively a ban, however the promise that you can enjoy hacks now and then join online later stands in defiance of that.

I have no idea when the hack cleanup and safe firmwares might be made, certainly at this point nobody is looking into it that I have seen. I would also expect the end result to be fairly intensely documented and the methods used (TX are obviously not going to give away their hack detection blocking efforts if it was them) to be very high end* before I even consider it for the label online safe, and will lock horns with anybody that tries to make the claim without something of that scope.

*I want a fully mapped kernel and function list (full disassembly would be nice but I will agree that would be a lot of work and could be dodged with the thing before this bracket), change logging, a game of "if I were Nintendo then what would I do?" and a few other more complicated things we don't often see in the sorts of hacking we typically deal with around here. Nintendo are playing hard this time and any workarounds need to play at that level.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I would probably say it is too early in that there are not really many games for the Switch, most homebrew is hardly the highly polished stuff you might have seen on the GBA, DS, xbox and Wii (you know, when homebrew was kind) and everything is still pretty clunky then that could be dismissed as an opinion (except for no games as that is just straight fact). However if you did leave your switch unable to connect to the internet you could enjoy your hacks for the next year or so until things are more developed. At that point you will probably be able to run a nice "clean my Switch up" application, maybe run the latest hack which dodges all the checks and thus allows online and then have an online hacked Switch.
Alternatively if you did want to do the wipe and restore trick (possibly in combination with something like https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ ), something which would be very tedious and still leave you open to a user error (Nintendo only has to be right the once) you could enjoy both a measure of online (no hacked games or games you don't own with it though) and a hacked device. At a later date you might convert that to emunand or a safe hacked firmware.

Some seem to think this is effectively a ban, however the promise that you can enjoy hacks now and then join online later stands in defiance of that.

I have no idea when the hack cleanup and safe firmwares might be made, certainly at this point nobody is looking into it that I have seen. I would also expect the end result to be fairly intensely documented and the methods used (TX are obviously not going to give away their hack detection blocking efforts if it was them) to be very high end* before I even consider it for the label online safe, and will lock horns with anybody that tries to make the claim without something of that scope.

*I want a fully mapped kernel and function list (full disassembly would be nice but I will agree that would be a lot of work and could be dodged with the thing before this bracket), change logging, a game of "if I were Nintendo then what would I do?" and a few other more complicated things we don't often see in the sorts of hacking we typically deal with around here. Nintendo are playing hard this time and any workarounds need to play at that level.
Psnes is a good Homebrew, probably the other emulators too, as well as the save backup tools. I guess no fancy gui like other systems had, but still runs good.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I Cleaned up Fast6191 post. Mostly for self practice on trying to explain things clearly.
Will My Hacked Nintendo Switch get Banned?

Will I be banned if I hack?
Yes, you likely will.

Nintendo can detect your hacks when you connect online. It is not know how Nintendo detect's hack's and no way for people to avoid bans.
If you hack your Switch then expect to be banned. This applies to any kind of hack you do. This may change in the future when online safe hacks are found.

False Claims on Ways to Prevent Bans
Some will claim there is safe ways to hack and connect online. This is wrong! There are some ways that are safer than others but nothing is completely safe.
Not all bans are instant and you may enjoy 30 days before you are banned.

Ways to Avoid Ban
There are two ways to hack and avoid being banned. Both exceptions have serious downsides.

1) Disable Online on Your Device

Without online Nintendo can't detect your hacked system.
But you can't play online games, install update's or do anything else online related while in hacked mode.

2) Make Your Device Look like it was Never Hacked

To do this you need a copy of your Switch's flash memory that hasn't been tampered with.

When you want hack your Switch have your clean unhacked backup in handy, hack, go offline, then after your done in hacked mode you restore the clean backup you made before doing any hacks. You have to do this every time if want a hacked console and online access. It is considered a very tedious and an annoying type of hack to do.

In the future there will be a method called Emunand that will make Number 2 process easier.
But it's not available now and we don't know when it will be.

Types of Ban
If you are banned there are two main types.

1) Basic Ban

You lose online gameplay but you still can use the eshop and install game updates.

2) CDN Ban/Super Ban

You lose online gameplay and the option to download game updates and access the eshop.
It may also affect any "Linked Accounts".

A Basic Ban may become a CDN/Super Ban in the future.
For now a CDN/Super Ban is for people that try to download things they don't legally own from Nintendo using tools like "Freeshop" and "NX Shop".

Some people may think they are missing out if they get a CDN/Super Ban. But Firmware Updates and Game updates will be available to download and shared to the general public by hackers through non official means.

How to Unban Your Switch

Right now there is no way to unban. In the future this could change. When it does it will probably cost money. Why it costs money is because each Switch has it's own special key that Nintendo has on record. Nintendo has a list of Allowed keys and Banned ones, so will you need get a key that is not banned and nobody gives up their keys for free.

Last edited by SG854,

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why a warning? Why not an invitation? I know I can't wait for my switch to get banned from online as I and many others don't want to give Nintendo a dime for their online service. What's a better way to tell Nintendo you want VC and free online then getting banned?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why a warning? Why not an invitation? I know I can't wait for my switch to get banned from online as I and many others don't want to give Nintendo a dime for their online service. What's a better way to tell Nintendo you want VC and free online then getting banned?
I agree Nintendo online sucks, but tell that to the kid who can't wait to play smash bros online....

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree Nintendo online sucks, but tell that to the kid who can't wait to play smash bros online....
Kids should not be hacking their switch anyways. Also kids don't read warning posts.

A warning post is a good idea but I posted what I posted cause getting banned from Nintendo wifi on the Switch is not a big deal. I'm sure we'll have alt-wfc alternatives one day too.

masteratoms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rushed to install nxshop because Im a lazy fuck and I read about the superban and didnt hesitated, no new games or at least good games will come out till october when Ill be able to just buy a new switch or as @SG854 mentioned the updates will be able to be installed manually and then install my new pirated games, Im so sorry for Nintendo but I hate the cartridges they just making us customers to pay more for things we didnt asked for.

Last edited by masteratoms,
Reactions: MrCokeacola

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im so sorry for Nintendo but I hate the cartridges they just making us customers to pay more for things we didnt asked for.
Pending them giving us easy ability to resell downloaded titles, lend them to friends and such I am not inclined to give up physical media.

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flood of "Will I be banned if" question continues on, many by trolls (which can go die) but also by what is probably little kids(or people new to the scene), of whom which will be sad if their switch is banned. I say we at the least make a sticky or somthing that sticks out to warn that no matter what you do good chance of a ban, and that there is no way to get free games and play online, no matter if you erase the game, or "just" installed one or two games. I know this is silly, but I dunno I think it might be worth it.
Will I be banned if I ask "will I be banned if"?

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't matter how many people get banned,we gonna take over very soon!!

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't matter how many people get banned,we gonna take over very soon!!
What do you mean? The best thing that could happen, is that a generator or something is made, it leads to legitimate people getting banned, Nintendo unbans everyone. Or some kind of file goes mainstream (I doubt it), and parents get nintendo to unban. Would need to be like a Mario maker level that hacked your switch and installs free games or something.

Edit: This won't happen.

Last edited by Ericthegreat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.coca-cola.com/xe/en/media-center/wozzaah-launch