VR Gaming Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure who all has been looking at my WTS thread in the trading forum, but its a bunch of Failed Hand Helds from over the years.

This right here is what I feel is the crem de la crem of them all.

THIS IS NOT FOR SALE SO DON"T EVEN BOTHER ASKING

I bought this unit on day one. The case came from a flea market a few years later (the seller used to own a mom and pop video rental shop but had to shut down)and I gave the VB that was in it to my nephew as a gift (which he then gave back to me for some reason so I ended up selling that unit on ebay for a tidy sum).

This unit is in such prestine shape thanks to the hard plastic case. The only thing I would love to have too accompany it is a flash cart. Some day maybe...

Uh... I hear VB Wario Land calling me.

Edit: I think I'll take it out and show my son it this weekend, He's never seen it.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Ever heard of the Gizmondo? At least the Virtual Boy has one worthwhile game in the form of Wario Land. The Gizmondo had fuck all, and to add insult to injury it cost a fortune and bombarded you with adverts while playing. It was messed up. Personally I think that is a worse handheld than the Virtual Boy. Besides, the Virtual Boy isn't as portable as it cares to advertise.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Ever heard of the Gizmondo? At least the Virtual Boy has one worthwhile game in the form of Wario Land. The Gizmondo had fuck all, and to add insult to injury it cost a fortune and bombarded you with adverts while playing. It was messed up. Personally I think that is a worse handheld than the Virtual Boy. Besides, the Virtual Boy isn't as portable as it cares to advertise.

Umm I'm not saying it was the worst in failed hand helds, I'm saying it was the best. I've heard of the Gizmondo. One of the main guys who was involved with the Gizmondo was some type of criminal IIRC.

Come on the VB was a head of it's time when it came out. Yes it had only 2 colors. Yes it was not very portable. Yes it only had a few games and even fewer were any good. But I think the most important part was it was 3D and VB Wario Land showed that effect off pretty well. In fact I think VB Wario Land stood the test of time and still looks great today.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Fireballo said:
The Turbo Express Portable comes to mind.

That was a great failed hand held too. It was great in the fact that it could play its big brothers games and didn't require its own. So in that respect the Sega Nomad was a great one too.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*sees not for sale*
;~;
But yeah, such an awesome fail of a console
wub.gif

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wonderswan and NeoGeo pocket. Both have some great games and are great failures. Then I have an Atari Lynx and Sega Game Gear and those two consoles are just terrible. They're big, use a million batteries, the screens suck, and the games are terrible.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Fireballo said:
I have a Wonderswan and NeoGeo pocket. Both have some great games and are great failures. Then I have an Atari Lynx and Sega Game Gear and those two consoles are just terrible. They're big, use a million batteries, the screens suck, and the games are terrible.

I have all four of those hand helds listed for sale. I have to agree with you on the Neo Geo Pocket (mines the color version). I loved that thing when I first bought it. The Wonderswan's I have listed tho ( mono and color models) I just couldn't get into it.... perhaps because I couldn't understand the Japanesse text?
biggrin.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
431unknown said:
One of the main guys who was involved with the Gizmondo was some type of criminal IIRC.
That'd be Fat Steve (Tjock-Steffe) of the Uppsala mob here in Sweden ;P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...