ROM Hack RELEASE Crash Team Racing 60 FPS mod

1basti1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Kirby567fan Is it somehow possible to enable/disable this Mod (or any other 60fps mod) on the fly? Without Delete the mod and/or restart the system?

Ion Fury has its 60fps mod as a cheat, could this work with other games?

Or a Tesla overlay for mods would be nice.

(I know there is somewhere a mod manager but with it's file structure, too much of a hassle for me)

Oh wait. The Mod manager is simple, ok, forget everything. lol

Last edited by 1basti1,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Kirby567fan Is it somehow possible to enable/disable this Mod (or any other 60fps mod) on the fly? Without Delete the mod and/or restart the system?

Ion Fury has its 60fps mod as a cheat, could this work with other games?

Or a Tesla overlay for mods would be nice.

(I know there is somewhere a mod manager but with it's file structure, too much of a hassle for me)

Oh wait. The Mod manager is simple, ok, forget everything. lol
To answer this question - it's not always possible to make on the fly as cheat. If game locks to 30 FPS at game boot and never checks it again, it cannot be used as cheat.

Reactions: 1basti1

minino10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Its possible to unlock the framerate but memory bandwidth limitations makes it impossible to reach anything higher than 40fps during normal gameplay.
in spyro there are many fps drops, could it be 60fps 360p? Or at least something stable 30fps ?, Could you tell me how I can make the file myself or could you pass it to me? thanks

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got this working on SX-OS using this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/overclock-sx-os.547569/

Now my newb questions are, for the regular mod you set
  • handheld_charging_cpu
  • handheld_charging_gpu
  • handheld_charging_mem

Yet for the 360p mod you set
  • handheld_cpu
  • handheld_charging_gpu
  • handheld_gpu=460
  • handheld_mem=1600
  1. Is the regular mod supposed to only be used while charging and the 360p mod used on battery?
  2. Can both the regular and 360p version co-exist or are we supposed to pick one?
  3. If they can co-exist, then what should we set handheld_charging_gpu since both versions seem to share that setting?
Thanks for all the cool work!

Kirby567fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
So I just got this working on SX-OS using this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/overclock-sx-os.547569/

Now my newb questions are, for the regular mod you set
  • handheld_charging_cpu
  • handheld_charging_gpu
  • handheld_charging_mem

Yet for the 360p mod you set
  • handheld_cpu
  • handheld_charging_gpu
  • handheld_gpu=460
  • handheld_mem=1600
  1. Is the regular mod supposed to only be used while charging and the 360p mod used on battery?
  2. Can both the regular and 360p version co-exist or are we supposed to pick one?
  3. If they can co-exist, then what should we set handheld_charging_gpu since both versions seem to share that setting?
Thanks for all the cool work!
1-If you plan on using this mod in docked mode or when plugged then use the normal version, if you want to use it in portable while not being plugged then use the 360p version.
2-You can only use one at a time.

Reactions: protivakid

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newb questions round 2

1. When the OP says "Only tested in handheld mode", there is no reason this shouldn't work docked as well if you set the correct overlock params, right?
  2. For the handheld on battery 360p mod, what resolution does the game run at natively in handheld off the charger without any patches?

Kirby567fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Newb questions round 2

1. When the OP says "Only tested in handheld mode", there is no reason this shouldn't work docked as well if you set the correct overlock params, right?
  2. For the handheld on battery 360p mod, what resolution does the game run at natively in handheld off the charger without any patches?
1-It will work in docked mode as in it will unlock the framerate, but it will hang around 40ish FPS.
2-The game normally runs at 480p in handheld mode.

Reactions: protivakid

Kirby567fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
with sx core the game runs at 50fps it does not reach 60 fps I have done oc to the maximum and nothing, any solution?
Make sure you are using the max CPU clocks, if that doesnt help force the handheld profile using ReverseNX, if it still doesnt perform well then use the 360p version of the mod while making sure you are running the handheld profile since the 360p resolution is only applied to that profile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr