Hacking CRAP and Hybrid Channel for Config USB Loader by Pepx

Wiisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Recently i have been using Config usb loader, and find it works well unless i go fast, then it crashes. But mainly i was happy as i made forwarders using loadstructor for channels including mario/mario kart/and wiisports resort.

I also made (at the same time in a batch) forwarders for Warioware, Anno, Fire emblem and many more, but these do not work.

When i try them (After install) it tries to load then says

"Cannot open sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol"

I checked my folders and sure enough my boot.dol is in the folder sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol

So i changed the name to try again, but this time it just crashed on a black screen.

I thought i would try making them again using CRAP, but when i check the loader box, i do not see an option for Pepx's hybrid channel (Or just the config loader itself), only 2 other config forwarders.

I wondered is it possible to make forward channels with crap for this? Or do i need to either get Narolez's forwarder or use another programme?

Thanks in advance

Wiisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am using version 2.7b.

I guess i am confused as it shows the filename as conforwardernointro.dol, whereas any file will always be boot.dol.

I thought that meant if i'd have to modify the crap.cfg, but you say it works with using the configforwardernointro option?

Many thanks for the quick reply

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
make sure u are picking the right partition when u are making the channel (for example, I use FAT1 because my hard drive only has 1 fat32 partition)

u need to have the channel installed on the wii, and to launch it u need to have sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol, the channel is basically a forwarder channel with settings... it forwards to configurable usb loader (so it must be on the card for it to work), then the loader launches the whatever game u've chosen... basically for a channel to work, u need cfg loader on the sd card, a hard drive with the game plugged into the wii (port 0), and the channel has to be set to the same partition that has the games saved on your hard drive

Wiisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think this is what confused me. As when i used loadstructor i made a batch of game forwarders, some worked (no more hero/mario etc... but many didnt, and i cant work out why.

I guess crap is my last go and hopefully some luck. I get what you mean about partition i will use 1wbfs.

The thing is, i have the configusb loader channel installed via wad, and i want the game forwarders to go to sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol, not usbloader_cfg/boot.dol.

Config usb loader works great, as does the channel. But it seems im having only 50% success when making channels. Should i alter the config file of crap to enable it to go to sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol ? as i thought it may default to there, but when i click the game forwarder it just fails.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
why not just rename it on your sd card to usbloader_cfg instead of having to redo everything

if its because u have a forwarder channel that starts usbloader/boot.dol, u can change that using customize mii (and this way u would only need to change 1 channel instead of a bunch)

and i think u still need it on your sd card, so it may not work if u only have the usb loader as a channel with an internal dol

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Here is the search order for the configurable usb loader forwarder in Crap... dol is searched first on sd card, then on usb...

/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
/apps/usb_loader/boot.dol
/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol

Wiisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did have it on the sd, but i was using the channel also.

I did try renaming before, but it just crashed. Im still not sure why. Maybe its a loadstructor problem, as i have now tried and succesfully tested my channels i made with crap and they work great
smile.gif
(Game forwarders).

Many thanks for the fast advice guys!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
loadstructor only makes channels for wbfs hard drives. And they are stand alone (dont require a usbloader_cfg boot.dol), but u have to make sure that u check the 002 error fix box for most games, and games with NSMBwii i dont think will ever work with loadstructor (unless it is updated).

Anyways, CRAP is working for u, so i wouldn't even bother with loadstructor anymore i were u.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.